My Wolf

Two parts in one week!!

Just because!!

—————————

The next few weeks pass by in a blur. And things pretty much stay the same and I fall into a normal routine. Chris is still just as flirty as usual, but I've noticed he's not like it with everyone. Not that he doesn't have opportunity. There are always girls trying to get his attention. But he doesn't do anything more than smile at them. I've still not had chance to speak to Amber about him. He does seem harmless though, and I can feel a genuine friendship building between us. He is actually keeping my mind from wondering to other things

Like my parents ....

Like Logan.

I think I've worked out now that my body somehow knows when he is near or even just looking at me. Whenever I feel tingles down my spine, I know he is looking at me. And when I meet his eyes he just stares. He doesn't even look away when he knows he's been caught. Sometimes when I'm looking at him I think I see so much sadness and loneliness in his eyes. Other times it's just annoyance. Like right now.

Everyone's talking about some party tomorrow night. And who's going. But I'm not really paying attention. I can't. All week my head has been fogged by him. Logan, that's what my mind keeps going to. I've kept to my promise to myself and stayed away from him. If I have to admit it, I think I'm a little scared of him. He sometimes just seems so animalistic. And he has so much strength it's unreal. I'm staring at him, and he's just staring back. Tara is trying very hard to gain his attention while she is talking, but I can tell he's not listening. Finally she gives up and shoots me a death glare.

"So you want me to pick you up for the party?" Chris talks low in my ear. I'm sure Logan's eyes just turned black, and he just continues to stare. He's looking at me like he heard exactly what Chris just said to me and is waiting to hear my answer. His shoulders are tense and his fist is clenching on the table.

"Um, I'm not to sure I'm gonna go. I haven't really seen my aunt all week and we're going shopping so I may not be back in time." I say to him. He just nods his head and smiles.

"Ok no worries. Well if you change your mind and need a lift let me know. Or we could just go out later when you get back, just the two of us and skip the party" he's looking at me with the most serious look he has ever given me.

I hear a low growling noise, and I feel it vibrate right through me and I look away to the windows that over look the forest, but I can't see anything there.

"So what ya think?" He's looking at me hopefully and I really don't know what to say. I don't want to upset him.

"I think I'm gonna still have to say no. Sorry. Thank you though for asking. It's really sweet of you."

Feeling a little uncomfortable I start to gather my things ready for when the bells goes. I glance up and my gaze automatically goes to Logan who seems much less tense and looks at me with the tiniest hint of a smile on his lips.

I'm pissed at myself. I'm meant to be an alpha and all I've acted like is a little pup.

I've spent the last few weeks arguing with everyone. And to top it all off Tara now seems to think that I actually like her. What was I thinking when I kissed her. Oh yeah Alexia kissing Chris.