Part 25

I woke up to the smell of fresh coffee and hearing Alice's collar hitting her water bowl. 

"Yum pour me some please." 

I turned on the radio and 'Hold Up'  by Beyonce was playing. I began to sway around the kitchen wondering where everyone was. Alice ran to my feet and I picked her up and began to swing her around. I felt marginally better and like myself again. I saw a note on the counter top from Amelia saying they'd gone out to see Jake's sister. I turned the radio up before dramatically singing the chorus. Alice squealed to be let down and ran towards my bag. I followed her and grabbed my phone. There he was again. James. Another couple missed calls and messages.

'Cecily please. I love you so much. Please please just talk to me.'

'It's been weeks I need to hear your voice for a minute please just give me a chance.'

I didn't open them, I immediately deleted them and put my phone down. I went into Amelias wardrobe and grabbed a white swing dress and put it over me. I chucked my dirty paint smocks in Amelias linen basket and began to brush my slightly curled blonde hair. I dashed it up into a loose pony tail and brushed some mascara onto my eyelashes. I put my green flash trainers back on and grabbed my handbag.

"Just you and I today Alice."

She yapped before dashing towards the door. I attached the lead to her and began to exit the house. As I opened the door I bumped into a man. A tall, dark haired man. My heart stopped beating as I thought it was James. I nearly couldnt breathe until he turned around and in a cheeky british accent spoke to me.

"Oh god, I'm sorry I didnt see you there, are you Amelia? I just moved in next door the landlord said you were my next-door neighbour."

I was stunned by his beauty and could barely get a word out. I saw his eyebrow begin to raise and I quickly shook my head a let out a small laugh.

"Oh no.. I'm uh Cecily, Amelias friend, well best friend but.."

I was blushing and couldn't keep my eyes of his. 

"Well Cecily, it's lovely to meet you. I'm Josh."

"Josh. Nice to meet you. Well I better be off, have to go shopping."

"You do? Well I was just about to go out to buy some groceries so maybe we could walk together for a bit?" 

I smiled and then looked at Alice. She had her head tilted as if mesmerised by Josh as well. He began to tilt his head to me and I finally gave in and smiled and nodded for him to join me. 

We chatted for 45 minutes as we caught the bus into Blewburry street. He told me why he was in USA and how he got to be in this area. He'd got a job with Oliver Spence clothing line in the UK and was regionally manager to bring it to LA. As I got to the Chanel shop I paused. 

"Josh you're a really sweet guy."

"Sweet enough for me to ask for your number?"

His cheeky smile graced his face. I began to feel a familiar feeling in my stomach. I was nervous but excited.

"Yeh why not."

We both giggled as I read my number to him. From the corner of my eye I noticed a man with a camera begin to snap shots of us together. 

"Why are they doing that?"

"Josh, just follow me in here please. I'll explain."

We entered Chanel and the cool AC blew on us. I darted towards a corner with some chairs and sat him down.