Part 4

September 19th 11:04pm

My eyes burned as I clicked on my phone to stop the buzzing sound. I tried desperately to make out the message but my eyes were so blurry I could barely focus. I sat up and took my phone to the bathroom and turned on the lights in hope that my eyes would focus. It was a call from James. I hadn't heard from him for 4 days and he never replied to my many messages. I opened the first one.

'Cec I'm sorry I've been so out of touch lately. So much is going on I felt like I needed to spend sometime with my family. We are up in Calabasas. I'd love for you to join. We are at a lake house, I hope you're interested. I'm sorry again. J x'

My first thought was, What has this got to do with me, I mean we have kissed and that's it why does he need to spend time away from me? Maybe he is damaged from previous relationships. My mind continued racing for a while until I noticed the time. Midnight. Shit I had to be up early to go shopping with Amelia! Fuck I ran to my bed and tried to go back to sleep but James was stuck in my mind.

September 20th 7:30am

The faint ringing noise became louder and louder until I awoke from my slumber to be interrupted by a phone call from Amelia.

"Hello?" I groaned

"Hey Cec, sorry it's so early but Jake and I have to go to Atlanta today as his mom has fallen ill so I have to cancel today and whenever else I was going to surprise you with plans."

"Oh crap Mia is Jake ok?"

"It's his step mom so he's not too worried but he just wants to be there for his dad you know?"

"Yeh I do, message me if you need anything. Wait before you go James finally messaged me."

"Ha ha I knew he would. What did he say, phone's broken, forgot to reply?"

"No actually.. he said he needed to spend time with his family as so much has been going on recently. I mean it can't be about me because we've barely been together for 4 days and we've only kissed a couple times. And then he invited me to go to Calabasas for God's sake!"

"This guy really likes playing mind games with you Cec. He has you right where he wants you. Because I know no matter what anyone says inevitably you will go and you'll meet his family, his younger brother is famous too just so you don't fuck that one up as well! And then you'll fuck him and then you'll be calling me saying how much you love him and.."

"Enough Mia! I'm not going... I mean I can't go anyway, I need to finish my bloody art project it's got to be done and put up by next week!"

"Ok well if you're sure this time Cec! Got to go we are going to the airport now! Love you lots, stay strong! Actors are bastards huh!"

"Love you Mia! Send my love to Jake!"

"Will do! Bye."

I threw my phone to the side and gazed out the window on to the street. It was already so bright and people were up and about living their lives. I turned to my phone and held it in the palm of my hand. I kept thinking shall I go? I clicked on James' name and the phone began to ring. It was so early I was already planning to leave a voice mail because there would be no chance he would be..

"Cecily! Hi!"

I froze as I wasn't prepared for him to actually pick up!

"Oh hi! Why are you up so early?"

"I could ask you the same question."

I heard his husky voice bellow down the phone into my ear and I just wanted to be wrapped in his arms once again.

Till next timeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें