Part 19

"I've booked a flight for you to come to New York and see a doctor ok?"

                                                                                                                                                                                                               "No James don't be silly, it's just easier for me to.."

"No I've already told Andre and he's set up the appointment and he's booking a taxi to come get you at 6pm tonight."

I bit my lip and looked towards my white ankle socks as my mind began to race.

"Cecily! Answer me! Pack your things and tell me you'll be ready."

"Ok ok calm down James. See you later. I love.."

The phone went dead. Fuck he doesn't want me to be pregnant... I mean I don't want to be.. Well do I? I mean I am 28 and well I love James and.. The phone began to ring.

"Hello?"

"Hi Cecilly this is Andre, James's PA."

"Oh right hi."

"Just calling to say the flight is at 4:46pm so the taxi will be with you in just under 45 minutes. James is under a lot of pressure today so he unfortunately will not make it to the airport to see you but we have booked you a room in a nearby hotel in New York where I'm sure you'll be comfortable."

"Ok well won't James be staying with me."

"Erm I will have to check that for you. Taxi will be there shortly, goodbye."

Once again the phone cut. I grabbed a bag and stuffed a pair of black jeans and a white blouse in, a couple pairs of underwear and socks. I packed up my wash bag and chargers and trudged towards my couch. For what felt like an eternity I stared at my stomach thinking about the prospects of a child. James clearly isn't happy or he is and he just has a funny way o showing it. I couldn't understand how he could flick from the most loving, caring boyfriend at the lake to some uninterested guy who plays the situation of like its nothing. The bell rang. I clasped my hands around the handle of my suitcase and breathed in, I felt my breathe catch in my throat but I cleared it before heading to the door.

"Cecilly?"

"Yep thats me."

"Let me take that for you. LAX right?"

"Yes, your name is."

"Toby ma'am."

I peered out the airplanes window as we soared through the air. The clouds were still and slashed with beautiful reds and pinks. I pushed my head back into my headrest. 

"Excuse me."

I opened my eye and looked to the aisle and a young girl was standing there with her mom clinging to her waist, hiding yet smiling towards me.

"Ms Miller would it be alright for my daughter to get a picture with you."

I smiled towards the beautiful girl. Her hair was dark and straight with crystal blue eyes. She was wearing a green sun dress with white plimsols.

"Of course."

I summoned the girl over to me and draped an arm over her.

"What's your name sweetie?" 

"Mary- Anne."

"What a beautiful name. Lets smile for your mommy."

After the photo was taken she dashed back to her mom and I felt her warm body leave me feeling empty.