Chapter 25

That morning was really not the best morning I've had. But once again this year has not been what I planned for it to be. I am currently in the cafeteria eating my lunch and looking through college application forms on my laptop. We are allowed to bring our laptops to school and other electronics but it can't distract our education.

I honestly had no idea what college to go to. I know I should have done this in junior year like most people but I never had the time. I do know what I want do for a job. I want to become a architect. I want to build and make things, sort of like Annabeth Chase right? 

I see Angie walk into the cafeteria and she walks in my direction. Great, she was with Arter. Note the sarcasm. 

"Jenna! What are you doing?" Angie asked me as she sat next to me.

"College applications." I answer quickly and with no emotion.

"Oh." She said. "What college are thinking of going to?"

"I don't know yet but it obviously is going to be a good one." I reply.

"Do you at least know if you're going to be going away or will it be close by?" Arter asks as he sits across from me and Angie.

That question to me awhile to answer but I then said my reply. "Away."

"Oh." He said and his facial expression looked like it was full of hurt or sadness. I couldn't tell.

"Is that the new thing these days? Oh? Someone should totally turn it into a meme or whatever it is." I am not the techy type of person. I like to do everything the old way but with these applications it is easier to do it on the laptop. 

"Jenna? Are you okay?" Angie looks at me with concern. I heave a sigh and look at her.

"I'm fine, Angie. I'm sorry about snapping at you. These college applications must be getting to me. Especially with the fact that I don't even know what college I want to go to." I do a small laugh to try and make the situation more real. The fact that I don't know what college I'm going to is actually really stressing me. And the fact that my best friend's boyfriend, may I mention my ex-boyfriend, still has feelings for me. 

"Don't worry Jenna. You'l-" I was no longer listening to her little speech. I look back at the laptop and was scrolling through the list of colleges that I could apply for when one caught my eye.

"HA! FOUND IT!" I yelled and put my fists in the air in victory. The whole cafetiria went quiet. I put down my hands and looked around and chuckled nervously. "Sorry." Everybody went back to their conversations, some talking about me probably. I looked back at Angie and her mouth was open. She looked shocked that I had a little outburst like that. I look at Arter and his reaction was the same as his girlfriend's.  He was the first to speak. He cleared his throat before he spoke.

"So you found the college you want to go to?" He asks me. I nod. "What college?"

"Stanford." 

Angie spoke next as soon as I said that. "But isn't that in -"

I cut her off. "California? Yeah, it is."

"Then we won't see each other a lot after high school. The same with you and Arter."

"I know." Arter is going to SUNY. Angie is going to be going to Duke. Arter will be staying here in New York and Angie will be in North Carolina. I start to fill out the application for Stanford. Now that I know what it is like there, I really want to go. 

"Why there? I mean I understand that it is a pretty good school and everything but why there?" Arter asks me. He had a worried expresion on his face. If only I could read his mind and know what he is thinking about. 

"I want to become a architect. There are good architecture programs in California. Also, California gets a lot of earthquakes so it's a challenge for architects so if I learn there. I know what to build for places that have big natural disasters like this."

I look at them and they both look disappointed and something else that I don't recognize. I finish the application sheet, now I have to do the college essay. Yippe. They were both still looking at me.

"I know that this means  that we aren't going to be seeing each other a lot and we might go our separate ways. But we have these last few months. We just have to live them like they are our last days alive. Okay?" They all nod.

"Did you know that Ross is going to be going to U.C. Davis. That's in California. Jenna you'll see my cousin more than me." Angie said to me.

"Oh. That's nice." I said but on the inside I was not very pleased about that.

***************************

Angie and I decided to do something tonight so we are going to be going to the carnival that is in town.  She invited Arter and Ross as well. Don't get me wrong she is the best friend I could ever have but it's like she doesn't understand the fact that they are both people I used to date and I have bad history with them. One, Arter did a bet on me. I know that was a while free but it still hurts. And two, I hurt Ross badly. He told me he loved me and I didn't say it back and he knew why even if I didn't have to. 

I may be a good girl and a nerd. But this proves that I am no America Sweetheart.

This is going to be so much fun isn't it?

****************************

I am currently in the car with Angie. We're in her car because my car doesn't have any gas in it. We were on our way to pick up Ross. And I was shaking because well now that Ross knows, he probably won't be very...nice. When we pick him up he goes into the car and kisses his cousin's cheek and waves at me awkwardly. 

"Okay, let's go to the carnival." He says from the backseat.

"Wait, we have to pick up Arter." Angie told him.

"Oh." I looked through the rear view mirror and I see him looking at me then when he sees me look away. I then look away. Five minutes later we picked up Arter and he kisses Angie but it was quick and short and Angie obviously didn't like that. He waves at me awkwardly, the same way how Ross did it. I look through the rear view mirror again to look at him and he was looking at me and when he saw me looking, he looked away. The two boys didn't even say hello to each other. 

This is going to be a long night. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I FEEL LIKE I SAY SORRY EVERY SINGLE UPDATE BUT I REALLY AM!!!

Anyways the story.

Who ships Jenna and Arter or Jenna and Ross?

I don't have their ship names so you can comment the ship name!

Lets see which ship has more fans...I wonder which one...

I have all summer now. So hopefully I will be updating more.

The song above "America's Sweetheart" by Elle King.

Hope you liked this chapter!!