Chapter. 9

Sorry about not writing! I've been really busy this week, with being my birthday and school and all, I didn't really have much time to write. But now I finished the rough draft of the chapter in my N/B so here it is!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"I honestly don't know what to do." I tell my mother. I tell her everything.

"Pick the boy you like more." She smiles sweetly at me.

"No, duh." I roll my eyes. That was a obvious answer. "But Angie is dating Arter, so I can't."

"Wait, does that mean you like him more?" My mother asks me, we were sitting on the couch in my den.

"I don't know!" I yell at her, frustrated. I realized I yelled at her, and calmed down. "I'm sorry." She just smiles sweetly again and looks at me, pitifully.

"It's fine, honey." She stands up, and goes to the kitchen. I guess she's making dinner. "I can't tell you what to do about this, you have to do this yourself Hun." I sigh, and stand up and goes to my room.I start to do my homework, when I get a text from Arter, saying we had to talk, then I get a phone call from him. I decide to answer.

"What?" I say into the phone.

"Oh, hello to you too."

"What do you want?" I mumble.

"To talk."

"No."

"But-"

"No." I interrupt.

"Je-"

"NO!"

"HEAR ME OUT!" That was the first time he yelled at me.

"Once again! N! O! NO!"

He curses and sighs. "I understand what you're going through."

"No, you don't. You're Mr. Popular. There wouldn't be a single girl in our school who would do a bet on you. Even the most stupid girls would never do that." I snapped at him. He didn't reply for a few seconds. All I could hear was his breathing.

"There was one girl who did something similar to that." He says softly, like I was a child who needed to be soothed. I was confused by his words, if it wasn't a bet than what?

Then it smacked me in the head.

Cheated.

Alexa.

"Alexa." I whisper. He doesn't respond but I know he's probably nodding.

"Yes, I never had a girl date me because of a bet so I don't know how you feel, but I have been cheated on. The worst part is who she cheated on me with."

Nobody knew who she cheated on him with, sure there were some rumors but no actual answers.

"Who?" I realized I was being rude, we may not be the best of friends but I still feel like I should at least be kind to him. "I mean you don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"No, it's fine. She cheated on me with my best friend, Derek."

I gasp. Now I know understand all the rumors about Derek and Arter not getting along very well during that year. "I'm sorry." I mutter. I don't know what to say . But this doesn't mean he's forgiven.

"It's over with." I can hear the annoyance in his voice, I guess he hears that response a lot. Then it grew quiet over the phone. This is getting very awkward, very quickly. "I also wanted to tell you that," he breaths in a shaky breath. "you can date Ross, I don't care." I sat on my bed, startled, and wide eyed.

"O-Oh." I was shocked, I wasn't expecting that. I think I'm over him too . . . I think. I WANT TO BE OVER HIM! But my heart has other thoughts. It feels like I've been stabbed multiple times there. He doesn't care. Those words seem to be echoing in my ears.

"Oh?" He asks curiously. "Is that all?

"Yeah." I nod, my eyes stinging with tears. Why am I feeling this way? I don't even like him. Then my heart tells me something I never want to hear.

NO YOU DON'T LIKE HIM.

YOU LOVE HIM.

----------------------------------------------------------
Picture above is a picture of Ross.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Sorry for not being on a lot lately!

I will try to post another chapter very soon but I have a writers block.

Thanks for reading!