Chapter 5

The picture above is a picture of Jenna's best friend, Angie. She just has straight hair in photo. But she really has curly hair in the story.

I got 20 views!! I know that may not be a big deal but it is amazing to me!! Thank you all for reading this! Hope you enjoy!
************************************
The day of the dance was only three days away. Angie decided to go dress shopping today because  there were sales at the store that she wanted to go to on Tuesdays.

"I'm going shopping with Angie." I say to my mom as I look for my wallet.

"But you don't like shopping." She says to me confused.

I'm a tomboy my mom tells me even though I don't dress or act like one. I never wear skirts or dresses, or do my hair and makeup. I only do it for special occasions.

"It's for the dance. Arter asked me." She does a nod and smiles. Her black straight hair shining in the light. Her green eyes focused on me. She was beautiful, honestly.

I go outside to my car. I have to pick Angie up from her place. Her car wasn't working. As I drive up her driveway, I see her sister in the front yard.

"Hey Sarah, can u get you sister for me?" She starts yelling Angie's name.

"Angelina! Angelina!" Out of nowhere Angie was on the porch, her face was red. She hates her name, Angelina. That's why her sister calls her that. She stomps into my car. She grunts through gritted teeth. I just look at her and laugh, I then start to drive to the store.

When we get there, she flies through the doors and goes straight to the white dress. It was a short dress that goes to her knees. The bottom half was sort of like a tutu. The top had rhinestones all over it.

"That's beautiful." I say to her. She nods and pays for it along with big gold loop earnings and white heels. I go pick out random dresses.

The first dress was a green one with rhinestones that were shaped like triangles. I hated it as soon as I saw it. I went out to show her though, just to get her opinion. When I showed her she stuck her tongue out. Nope.

The second one was a red dress that looked exactly like Angie's. Just in red. When I go out, she nods. I shake my head. I hate the color red.

The third one, I was in love with. It was a sky blue dress, strapless, had a sweetheart neckline. Goes down to the floor, had white diamond on the top, lining up with the sweetheart neckline. When I went out. I saw Angie. You could tell her breath was taken away. "That's it!" I hear her say. I smile at her and spins around in the dress.

I then got the dress. On the way home we decided to get dinner. At school the next day, I was so bored. It felt like forever. The best part was Arter. I know that sounds cheesy, but it really was.
*************************************
It's the day of the dance, which also means it's my 17 birthday. Arter already is 17 though. His birthday was November 2. When I arrive to school, I hear everyone talking about the dance. I was heading to my locker and thinks about today. With the dance coming up, today is a busy day.

I go to my locker at the end of class. I see my locker was decorated with ribbons and cards for me. Angie must've decorated it for my birthday. I chuckle. I go into class and sits at my desk.

I see Arter come in and smiles at me. He sits next me and was smiling big at me. "Happy Birthday!" He gives me a silver box. Inside of it was a diamond snowflake necklace and earnings and hair clip. I gasp.

"It's beautiful. You didn't have to Arter. Really." I look up at him. I pull my glasses up to get a better view. When I did, I saw him smiling.

"I did though, a beautiful girl deserves fine jewellery." I could tell he was going to kiss me but when the teacher came in. He stopped. The jewellery he got me, matches my dress. I guess I got the jewellery for the dance.
*************************************
At lunch I told Angie about the jewellery and how he almost kissed me.