Chapter 20

Sorry for not updating in a while! I try to update as much as possible just having such a writers block that it is actually getting so annoying.

Well anyways I hope you like this chapter.

------------------------------------------------------------

I look at the figure next to me, the one driving the pink convertible. I see her blonde hair blowing away in the wind, her manicured fingers on the steering wheel and tapping away. Her sparkly jacket was shining rays of brightness to the other drivers because of the light. I feel bad for those drivers who are blinded by her jacket. She looks over at me and scoffs.

"Stop looking at me nerd." She says to me in that awful shrilling voice of hers.

"I'm not." I lie and looks away.

If you haven't figured out whose the other girl. No, its not Angie but man do I wish it was. It's the girl who always bully's me and who used to date Arter. You thought Alexa? We have a winner!

Now you may be wondering how we got into this, well I'll tell you. It all started when my father's boss from work was coming over for dinner. My father and his boss are really good friends. He came over a few times before so I already know what he's like but I never met his family. Hank, that's what he tells me to call him, is like every other father, he hangs out with his kids, obsesses over sports. He was pretty cool, actually.

This was the first time that he was going to bring over his family. He has a daughter that is in my grade by what my father told me and a son who was 9, but she was sick so she couldn't some over. Hank's wife, Ellen, stayed home because of the younger son's illness. Hank and his daughter were to come over around 5, it wasn't until they came when I found out who the daughter was. When it was 5, we heard the doorbell ring.

"Right on time!" My mother whisper yells to me and goes to the door to let Hank and his daughter in. I was still in my wheelchair so I rolled to them and when Hank saw me his face switched form being happy to sad in a second.

"Oh, I heard about the accident. I would've come sooner to visit but I've been so busy with work, I'm so very sorry. I hope you will be able to walk soon again. Actually I don't hope you will. I know you will walk again soon." His frown is replaced with a big, encouraging smile. "Oh! This is my daughter, you may just know her from school." He steps out of the way to see her. Alexa. "Alexa meet-"

"Jenna. I know her dad. She's in my grade. We are good friends as well. Right, Jenna?" She smiles sweetly at me yet I know it was a fake smile and you could tell with her eyes that she wanted me to answer yes or something bad will happen to me. Then I focused on what she called me, Jenna. She called me my actual name and not anything else. 

"Yeah, totally." I lie and smile a fake one at her but everyone believes us. I told my mom about her and I could tell that when Hank said that his daughter's name was Alexa she was concerned for a second. When Alexa said that we are good friends you could tell that my mother was all relaxed. I didn't tell my mom but that she bullies me. I only told her that she was the ex of Arter so she was worried if we were going to be those type of girls who would hate each other. Don't take this the wrong way, we totally hate each other but I told my mom that we don't hate each other but that we just don't talk much so we don't really know what the other one is like.

"Great! Jenna, do you have any idea where your father is?" He asks me and I just smile and nod.

"He's in the den, watching the Jets game."

"Thank you, Jenna. Call us two when dinner is to be served, please." My mother and I smile and nods at him. Then Hank leaves and so does my mother and I look right at Alexa.