The Girls

* Killian's POV *

I watched Emma sleep much longer than I knew I should have. I thought about getting up to check on the girls, but then I remembered what Emma said about not having a restful night since I left and decided to stay put. I was terrified to fall asleep, afraid I'd wake up to find that I'd hurt the one person who made my world go round. But after a while I couldn't fight it any longer, nuzzling my face into the side of her neck and feeling her sigh happily as we settled together.

I woke up at dawn like I had been for too long, surprised to find that I hadn't even moved. My Swan and I were still molded to each other perfectly, our bare skin pressed together under the quilt. I looked down at her to find that small smile that always warmed my heart, that unconscious smile that told me that she was content and happy even in her dreams.

The last two and a half years had taken quite a toll on me, sleepless nights and crippling depression from being away from my family included. But now as I looked at her, sleeping the way she had for thirteen years, all of it fell away. Her reaction when I came into that gymnasium had been the most heartbreakingly adorable thing I'd ever seen, showing the entire school just how much their surprise had meant to her. Our little girls were happily asleep down the hall and we were together the way we were supposed to be. I honestly didn't know what could make this more perfect.

I smiled to myself, brushing my lips along the perfect soft skin of her bare back. She didn't even stir, apparently still so used to my touch that it didn't phase her, but that just made me smile more. She still had my hand in a death grip so I just brushed her skin with my lips everywhere I could reach, closing my eyes and just breathing in her sweet scent. She was exactly as she was the day I met her, the only thing saying she was even a day older being her more distinct smile lines. In some ways it was like that first morning we woke up together, after I'd told her I loved her and we'd slept together for the first time.

"I love you," I whispered to her though I knew she couldn't hear me. "I love you so much, Emma Jones. I'll never leave you again, I swear."

*Emma's POV *

I woke up slowly, vaguely aware of something brushing my skin. I was still exhausted but I smiled, my eyes still closed as I brought his hand to my lips and kissed it gently. I felt him smile, kissing along my jaw until I turned to meet his lips with my own. He kissed me deeply, our tounges immediately tangling in a slow, passionate kiss.

"Mmm," I sighed and we broke for air, only our lips separating. "What a wonderful way to wake up."

"Aye, that it is," he whispered against my lips, making it extremely difficult not to kiss him again. "But what shall we do with this beautiful day?"

"Well," I glanced at the clock. "Its Saturday, so the girls will be up in about two hours to watch their cartoons, and we promised to play with them all day."

"Two hours, hmm?" He smirked, turning me over so he was hovering above me. "I can think of a few things to do in that time."

"Oh, I'm sure you can," I smirked right back, taking him by surprise and rolling over to straddle him as he sat against the headboard. "But so can I."

"Really?" His smirk grew as his hands slid up and down my thighs with his thumbs dangerously close to my center. I wasn't used to being naked like this anymore, but it was just him so I ignored it. "And what exactly is that, Swan? Care to share?"

"Get over here and you'll find out," I said in a low voice, my eyes flickering to his lips before I grabbed the back of his neck to pull him to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our lips met almost painfully but we wasted no time in exploring the other's mouth. He sat up straight to press me into him, one of his hands pulling my hair gently so my head rolled back and gave him access to my neck. My hands were still in his hair, my eyes closed as he slowly but surely marked me as his own the way he always used to. I could feel the dark marks forming beneath his lips as they traveled to every part of me he could reach. His want for me pressed hard against me, teasing me and making my body beg for him.