Early

* Emma's POV *

Killian went to call Liam, leaving me alone with Mia in the hospital room. She was cuddled into my side with my arm around her, one of her hands running over my belly. I wanted to scream I was in so much pain, but I didn't want to scare her or make her think it was her hurting me so I just squeezed my eyes closed and tried to breathe through it.

"Liam will be here in a few minutes to get Mia," Killian said as he came in, sitting on my other side and taking my free hand to kiss my knuckles gently. "How you doing, baby?"

"I'm okay," I said breathlessly, squeezing his hand extremely hard and biting my lip so I didn't scream. It was like being in labor, but I could tell that wasn't it. "I don't know what happened, I was fine."

"We'll figure it out," he assured me though I could see the worry in his eyes. "You're both going to be fine, I'll do whatever it takes."

"You should just take Mia home," I said, feeling her hug me tighter and rubbing her back. "Its been a long day and she needs at least one of her parents with her."

"I stay with mommy," she said quietly before he could respond and we both looked at her. "I no leave mommy and sissy."

"You have to, princess," Killian told her gently, glancing up when Liam came in quietly then back to her. "Uncle Liam is going to take you to get a fun dinner and then get you ready for bed like mommy does."

"I want mommy," she said stubbornly, refusing to look at anyone. "Only mommy do it right, she sing to me."

"I'll call and sing to you, sweetie, I promise," I told her. "But I really need you to go with Uncle Liam right now, okay? Can you do that for mommy?"

"Otay," she sniffled as I wiped her stray tears. "Love you mommy."

"I love you, too, baby girl," I said, kissing her forehead just before Liam picked her up though she clung to my hand. "Be good and I'll see you soon."

Killian kissed her goodbye as well and she started to cry when Liam left with her. The door shut and a fresh wave of pain hit me, Killian's hand finding mine as I let myself scream this time. I was in so much pain I couldn't stop myself from crying anymore, not noticing the doctor until she spoke.

"Well, it looks like my Navy family is going to grow sooner than we thought," she said and we both looked up at her. "There was a drug in your system that induces labor, though I have no idea where you would have gotten it."

"Neal," Killian said through his teeth. "That bastard got someone to put something in your water at the courthouse. There's no other explanation."

"Be that as it may," the doctor said, clearly confused. "We're going to give you something else to stop it, but now that it's started we can't hold it off long. We're going to give you steroids to develop the baby's lungs so that when you deliver in a few days, she can go home."

"A few days?" I asked in a panic. "But she's supposed to have a few more months. She needs time to grow, she's still so small."

"I know she is," she sighed, putting something into my IV that quickly made my contractions stop. "But survival rates for babies at 29 weeks really aren't bad. And we're buying her these next few days and giving her a bit of a push, she should be fine. She should even be big enough to breastfeed, which will help immensely with her growth after you deliver. You're lucky your husband got you here when he did."

"Okay," I nodded, swallowing my sob and looking at Killian. "You're going to have to go get Mia's old crib from the basement and maybe have Liam set it up since I have to be here. Oh, and all her old clothes and-"

"I know, love," he cut me off gently, putting his free hand on my cheek. "Just calm down and breathe. I'll have him bring everything up while Mia is asleep and I'll set it up once we get home. It'll be okay, you just relax and try to get some rest."

*Killian's POV *

Emma refused to sleep unless I laid down with her so I carefully got on the bed with her. The pain and medication must have exhausted her because the moment she got comfortable in my arms she passed out. I was glad she was such a heavy sleeper when she was pregnant, taking the opportunity to call our lawyer and set an investigation in motion.

"Mia!" Emma said as she startled awake a few hours later. "I forgot to call Mia!"

"Shh, Swan, it's okay," I assuredher, gently making her lay back down on my chest. "Liam got her to fall asleep to our wedding video of all things. She's alright, I promise."

"Kay," she sighed as she relaxed and wrapped her arms around me again. "Good. She's so adorable."

"Aye, that she is," I smiled, stroking her hair gently as I watched her. "She looks just like her mom. Breathtakingly beautiful."

"Shut up," she mumbled with a small smile, her eyes closed and her cheeks pink. "Go to sleep, idiot."

"I will," I lied, glad she was already dozing off and couldn't tell I was lying. "As soon as all my girls are alright."

Its a tad short, I know, but I wrote it on my break and I have to get back. See you soon, loves! Enjoy!