Back Home

* Emma's POV *

It took about two months, but Neal was finally caught. Something about getting pulled over for speeding or something like that. Whatever the reason, I was glad to be getting home with my family, my whole family.

My leg had healed so I was able to carry Amelia inside when we got back in the middle of the night, sound asleep on my shoulder. I took her to bed while Killian brought in our stuff, tucking her in and feeling her grab my hand when I went to leave.

"Mommy?" She mumbled and I went back to sit on the edge of the bed with her. "Are we back home?"

"Yes, sweetie," I whispered with a small smile, stroking her hair gently. "You're safe in your own little bed. Just get some sleep and we'll play outside all day tomorrow, I promise."

"Otay," she smiled sleepily just as her puppy wandered over to my feet. "Did we get Bailey back?"

"He's right here," I said as I picked up the tiny beagle and set him in bed with her. She hugged him close, giggling when he licked her face before cuddling into her arms. "There you go, princess. Go to sleep now and I'll see you in the morning."

"Otay," she sighed as she settled back down. "Love you, mommy."

"I love you, too, my darling girl," I smiled, kissing her forehead and making her smile again. "Sweet dreams, baby."

I heard her snoring softly by the time I got to the door, smiling to myself as I changed and went to find Killian. I finally found him in the backyard, wandering around seeming to be looking for something. As I got closer I heard him muttering to himself.

"Killian?" I said as I came over. "Babe, what are you doing?"

"Looking for that damn dog," he said, shaking his head as he continued to look around. "I let him out since he was at that kennel so long but that bloody thing is so small I can never find him. I want to go to bed, but I don't want something happening to him and upsetting Mia."

"Come to bed then," I laughed a bit, going to take both his hands which made him finally look up at me. "He's tucked into bed with our daughter, he's fine and she's out cold. But now you need to come to bed and relax."

"Bloody dog," he muttered as I led him inside to the bedroom. I closed the door as he sat in the middle of the bed with a sigh, crawling over to kneel behind him. I pulled his shirt off, kissing the back of his neck and making him groan as I started to work on the knots in his shoulders. "You're a bloody goddess woman."

"I just know how to help my husband relax," I bit my lip as I smiled, moving closer so he was between my knees and my front brushed his back. "And we're all home safe now so you need to get some real rest. Neal is gone and the new security system is set up. It's just us and our little girls."

"You're just too good at this," he sighed, relaxing back against me and staying quiet for a bit while I continued to massage his neck and shoulders. "I don't want to go back to work on Monday. These last months may have been hectic and terrifying, but between all that I got to spend so much time with you two. I haven't gotten to spend this much time with both my girls... well, ever, and I just know they're going to send me somewhere right away since I was gone so long. I don't want it to end."

"I know," I sighed, wrapping my arms around his shoulders and kissing his jaw softly. "Once we got Mia back it was so nice to spend time all together like that. I'm going to have trouble letting you go."

"We have a few days left," he reminded me, holding onto my wrists. "And I plan to spend every moment I can with my girls." He looked up at me, his lips barely a breath away from mine. "Especially with you now that you don't have that cast on your leg."

"Tomorrow, babe," I smiled, giving him a feather light kiss. "You need to sleep. You haven't slept well in months and we both know you get very... aggressive when we haven't been physical in a while so you need sleep."

"Aggressive isn't even going to cover it," he smirked, turning over and making me squeal a bit as he quickly grabbed my ankles so I fell on my back with him on top of me between my legs. "I haven't gotten to really touch you since you got pregnant and I left. But for now I'm going to kiss you like haven't been able to while sharing a one room cabin with five people and our daughter."

I giggled, biting my lip until he leaned down to kiss me deeply. I moaned softly when his tongue met mine, running my hands up into his hair to hold him to me as I pressed myself into him. He held one of my thighs as they sat on his waist, his other arm supporting his weight so he didn't put pressure on the baby.

He was right, we really hadn't been able to kiss like this since the morning of our anniversary and I had missed it more than I realized. Mia had seen us kiss a million times, not quite like this obviously, but she was used to it. The detectives there with us, not so much, so we'd kept it very PG.

"Are you sure you want to wait, love?" He asked in a whisper as his lips moved along my jaw and down my neck. His lips were hot on my already overheated skin as he started to leave dark marks on my neck, his hand moving down to grip my ass and press me into him. "I know you want this as much as I do."

"Mhmm," I almost moaned, biting my lip and gripping his hair tightly. "But I want to make it special since we didn't get to on our anniversary." I pulled his hair gently to make him look at me, hearing his lips break from my skin. "Be patient."

"I have all the time in the world," he sighed, laying next to me and staring at the ceiling. I narrowed my eyes at him, moving over to straddle him with my hands on either side of his head. "Swan, what are you doing?"

"Making you stop pouting," I said simply, leaning down to leave feather light kisses all over his face until he smiled then kissing his lips. "There's the smile. Much better."

"Mhmm," he teased me, putting his hand on my cheek to bring me back to his lips for a soft kiss. "How's our little one doing in there?"

"Just fine," I smiled a bit, kissing him again lightly. "She's been kicking all day."

"She must be exhausted," he smirked, rolling us again and kissing my belly gently. "But you're still feeling alright after everything? We haven't gotten you to a real doctor for a while."

"I'm fine, babe, you worry too much," I told him as I kissed the corner of his lips. "I made an appointment on the way home for tomorrow afternoon."

"Good," he said with relief, running his thumb along my belly as he looked in my eyes. "I'll always worry about you and our girls, it's my job. I've been trying to take care of you for over ten years, and I'm never going to stop."

"Go to sleep, you over protective dork," I teased him, loving that I could still bring that grin to his face. I kissed his cheek and yanked him down, making him laugh as he wrapped his arms around me and we settled down together for the night. "Mmm, there we go."

"Still the same wonderfully sassy woman I fell in love with," he smiled, kissing me softly again and again while we held each other close. After a while we both fell asleep, our lips only barley separated as we lay on the pillow.

Because fluff was needed after what they did to us this past Sunday. Anyway, there was a special request for me to update another one of my stories, so I'm going to try to do that when I get off work. Have a lovely Thursday!