Bedtime

* Emma's POV *

While Killian took a shower that night I got Mia ready for bed, sitting on her bed with her in my lap and brushing her hair. She loved this part of the night, quiet time with me while she listened to whatever music she wanted and everything was calm. She was playing with her necklace again, examining my promise ring carefully for the thousandth time.

"Mommy?" She asked to get my attention. "How long have you been with daddy?"

"Well," I thought about it. "On our anniversary next week we will have been married for five years, but we were together five years before that too so it's been ten years now."

"Did you always love daddy?" She asked, now looking up at me. "Even when you weren't married?"

"I've loved daddy since the moment we met," I smiled a bit. "He knocked me over on my way into my dorm on our first day of college and as soon as I looked in those shining blue eyes of his, there was no turning back."

"Then how come you waited so long to get married?" She continued. "And how come you don't wear this ring anymore?"

"Because we were still really young, sweetie," I told her, rubbing her back gently since she seemed concerned. "Your daddy gave me that ring when we first started dating to make sure I knew he loved me too and that one day he wanted to marry me. I wore it for a long time until he finally got the courage to ask me right before we finished college. That's when he gave me this ring to make it official that we'd get married."

"It's pretty," she said quietly, examining and comparing both rings. "Where did he get it?"

"It was his mommy's, just like the one you have was mine," I smiled sadly. "I never got to meet her, but I know she was very special to him and uncle Liam."

"Then you must be special, too," she said, still looking down. "I wish I was special like you, mommy."

"Oh, my beautiful baby girl, you are," I assured her, hugging her close as she cuddled into me. "You're more special than anyone I know. Everything good from me and daddy all got rolled up into you. You make us a whole little family and we love you more than anything."

"Will you sing to me?" She asked with a sniffle. "You and daddy's song? From when you get married?"

"Of course, princess," I kissed her forehead. "You just close your eyes, okay?"

I started singing softly and her eyes fluttered closed, her hands fists as she clung to me. She was out cold by the time I finished the song, small snores coming from her lips. I smiled to myself and tucked her in, kissing her forehead once more and putting her necklace by the bed before turning to leave.

Killian was right there, leaning on the doorway with tears in his eyes. I gave him a small smile and waved him inside, holding his hand as he kissed her forehead as well and closing the door behind us when we left. He immediately wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug, his tears hitting my shoulder as I held him close.

We were woken up in the middle of the night when Mia started climbing in our bed. The is was exactly the reason we put something on after sex now, not wanting her to see something she shouldn't. She was crying and having trouble getting up on the tall bed so I grabbed her, bringing her to lay in the small space between us with her back to him.

"What's wrong, baby girl?" I asked her, still half asleep. "Did you have a bad dream?"

"Uh huh," she nodded, hiding her face in my chest and shaking as she held onto me. "You have new baby and send me away. You no love me know more."

"Oh, hunny, no," Killian said softly, his arm around me to keep us both close and his other fingers running through her hair to calm her. "We love you so much, we don't know what we'd do without you. The new baby won't change that, it's just going to join the family. No one could ever replace you."

"I sleep here?" She asked quietly. "Please? I be good and go right to sleep."

"That's fine, baby," I told her and kissed her cheek, making her look up. "Its okay, just go to sleep. We can all cuddle together like when you were little, okay?"

She nodded and laid back down, almost immediately falling asleep with us holding her. I looked at Killian and he smiled slightly, kissing me lightly before we laid down as well. We fell back to sleep all together, all wrapped around each other.

I know it's short, but I have another one in mind and it'd be way too long if I made it all one. Also, if you're wondering why it took so long, I've been working on another story so feel free to check that out!