Secrets

*Emma's POV *

"Killian," I said quietly and he moved up to look in my eyes. "I have to tell you something."

"Go ahead," he encouraged me when I hesitated. "Whatever it is, it'll be fine. Just tell me."

"That first night in the hospital, after you fell asleep my nurse was telling me about my surgery and my injuries," I said and he nodded, leaning on his elbow next to me. "Well, she told me something that I had no idea about or how to deal with. I should have told you, but I was so afraid of how you would react and then I kept putting it off until now."

"Swan," he cut me off with a quick kiss. "Its okay. Just tell me."

"I have no idea how to say this so I'm just going to go ahead and say it," I took a breath, keeping my eyes on his. "I was pregnant that day. I didn't even know but they told me I lost it with all my injuries."

His eyes widened as he looked down and put his hand on my stomach. I could see the tears in his eyes as he rested his forehead on my chest and pulled me closer. I ran my fingers through his hair, putting my other hand on his as I cried silently.

"I'm so sorry, Emma," he said in a broken whisper, starting to sob. "I'm so sorry, I killed our baby." I wrapped my arms around him tightly, letting him cry into my neck until he looked up at me. "Are you okay? This must have been so hard for you alone."

"Yeah, uhm," I said quietly. "Liam knows. He was in the doorway when they told me. I didn't notice."

"Oh... okay," he nodded. "But are you okay? It's still hard."

"It's terrible," I swallowed hard, looking down. "I just didn't want to upset you, too."

"I'm just glad you're okay," he sighed, lifting my chin gently. "Anything else I need to know?"

"It was a boy," I whispered and he sighed, leaning his forehead on mine. "I'm so sorry."

He just shook his head, leaning down to kiss me softly. I sighed, putting my hand on his cheek and kissing him back gently. He pulled me flush against him, deepening the kiss slowly as if afraid I was going to break.

I ran my hand up into his hair, holding him to me and kissing him back even more. He finally relaxed, running his hand down my leg and hitching it up against his hip.

*Killian's POV *

I held Emma close, her bare back to me as she fidgeted with my fingers. I used my other hand to move her hair away from her face, kissing along her hairline softly. She sighed happily, relaxing as I ran my hand up and down her arm.

"I love you," I said softly, kissing along her shoulder. "I love you so much."

"I love you, too," she whispered, looking at me over her shoulder. "We'll get there one day, right?"

"Of course we will," I kissed her lips gently. "Whatever you want, love. If you want a baby, we'll have a baby."

"You're ready for that?" She asked with a bit of surprise. "Right now?"

"You're my whole world, Swan," I smiled a bit. "I've been committed to you for more than three years. When you're ready, we'll talk about it. You'll make beautiful babies."

She smiled, her cheeks turning pink as I kissed her again softly. I slowly moved my lips along her jaw and down her neck, sucking gently at her skin as I continued along her shoulder. She sighed, biting her lip and driving me crazy as she watched me.

"I missed having you here with me," I sighed, brushing my lips along the perfect soft skin of her bare back. "Nothing feels right without your perfect self in my arms."

"I'm not going anywhere," she assured me, taking my hand and pressing it her chest to hold me closer as she kissed me again deeply. "All you have to do is put up with my crap and still hold me at the end of the day."

"I'll hold you all day, every day," I sighed, tightening my arms around her. "Just please don't keep any more secrets from me. Not about such important things."

"I won't," she said quietly, guilt thick in her voice. "I promise."

"Good," I nodded, turning my face into her neck. She relaxed a bit as I kissed along her hairline again softly, soon falling asleep in my arms.

*Emma's POV *

I knew Killian thought I was asleep when he pulled out his phone, playing with my hair as his he dialed.

"Liam?" He said quietly. "You knew?"

"Killian, I-" I heard him try.

"No," he snapped. "You knew about my son and you didn't encourage her to tell me?"

"Are you seriously pissed at her for this?" He asked with disbelief. "You've been a mess trying to make sure she was okay. You couldn't handle it."

"No I'm not pissed at her," he said, leaning his cheek on my shoulder. "This wasn't her fault. She's asleep happily in my arms. It was mine. But that doesn't mean I'm not angry. And frankly, that just makes me angry at you."

"Go ahead and be pissed at me then," he sighed. "Did you do it yet?"

"No, she just got home," he said quietly, running his hand up and down my outer thigh absent mindedly. "Besides, I don't know how to do it anymore. I'm gunna end up just blurting it out."

"What's the matter with that?" I heard a smile in his voice. "She's never struck me as much of a grand gesture kind of girl."

"But this should be different," he insisted. "Its supposed to be our future. I don't want it to be like a boring conversation."

"Just find the right conversation," Liam suggested. "Next time you feel like you just can't stop yourself, don't."

Holy shit, I thought to myself, trying to stay still. What am I overhearing?

Okay, wattpad hates me. So I didn't get to edit this and I'm having trouble publishing. So so sorry!