"Nicolette, hurry up. We haven't got all day!" she yelled up at me, forcing me to fasten my pace, and I ran up the stairs. I walked into my room, and scanned it briefly before my eyes fell on my wand sitting on the bed side table. Grabbing it, I slipped it into the side of my skirt, taking one last look at my room. Peeking just beneath the covers of my bed, I spotted my book, where I had fallen asleep, holding it. Jogging over to my wrinkled, unmade bed,I picked it up, holding it to my chest, and then walked out of my bedroom, closing the door behind me.

"Nicolette! Hurry!" mum screamed again,

"Argh, I'm coming!" I yelled back, walking out of my room, and back down the stairs. My mum stood there, with her hands on her hips. I watched as Gemma gave our mother a look over and then mimicked her exact stance.

"I really wish you wouldn't read that book; it's bad for the mind." She complained, taking it from me and staring at it in disgust and disapproval. "'The Virgin Suicides'", she scoffed, handing the book back, "the title's as depressing as the novel." She complained, then looked into my eyes, "Are you ready?" she asked, annoyance in her voice.

"Oh no, I forgot my books!" I exclaimed, eyes widened and voice full of worry. My mother, clad in her pristine white pencil skirt and blazer, bestowed upon me a look of death and disappointment. She opened her mouth to yell and I rolled my eyes. "I'm kidding." I exclaimed, raising my hands in defense and she tightened her jaw with a roll of her eyes.

"Ha-ha, funny," Gemma remarked sarcastically and I looked down at her through squinted eyes and poked my tongue out at her.

"Have fun being sorted in Ravenclaw!" I jeered, making our mother click her tongue and Gemma glared.

"I will, considering you weren't." She replied and I scowled,

"Alright you two, enough. Be nice and say good-bye to each other." My mum interjected and both myself and Gemma glared and turned our noses up. "Now please!" Mum's voice was more urgent now- snappy and cool- over the arguments she'd been forced to split up over summer break. The Ravenclaw argument was one held and split up too many times. Fighting my pride I looked down at the young girl and sighed,

"See you at school Gem," I fought the urge to say it through my teeth and even offered her a smile. Gemma surrendered and nodded,

"Have fun at The World Cup," She replied and now I genuinely smiled, because for just a moment I had forgotten about The World Cup.

"You want to say good-bye to Darren?" My mum looked to me and my mood sunk and I fought the urge to glare at her and fire back a harsh remark about her choice in partner.

"Pass," I replied and mum sighed, holding her arm out, and I took the handle of my trunk before placing my hand atop her arm, an in an instant my insides were being pulled and stretched and my eardrums felt almost as though they had popped.

(Fred)

Nicki was coming today, and my levels of excitement had been increased dramatically. Nicolette Hunter was the only sufficient thing I could ever call 'a crush'. It had been since we were kids that she made me nervous and giddy- a sensation I had never experienced before- one that for many years, made me self-conscious. It took time and effort to perfect the art of a good cover, but acting flirty and cocky, meant to her and everyone around us, that it was just my personality, and slip ups would go unnoticed.

15 good, long minutes of staring up at the ceiling, passed and I finally slid out of bed and walked into the bathroom. After letting the hot water and steam of an all too short shower consume my body, I turned the taps off and dried myself. Stepping into a pair of black jeans, worn at the knees, I walked out of the bathroom while I slipped a red shirt over my still damp body. The whole morning Nicki had been on my mind, and I felt as if I physically couldn't wait until she arrived and relieved me from the knot of anticipation. The stairs creaked and groaned as I jogged down them excitedly and joined the family in the dining room.