fourty seven

Cameron and I looked at each other. My mouth dry, no words from either of us.

I looked at Jack who seemed to be okay, and back at Cameron.

He opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off quickly.

"Its Rose. My actual name, it's Rose" I said, trying to quickly excuse myself but he stopped me.

"I'm sorry" Was all he said before I snatched away, going into the room.

By the time I took a shower and got dressed Cameron was gone.

I let out a breath of relief and walked into the living room area.

And to my surprise, Cameron wasn't gone.

"Adrianna- I mean, Rose. I just- Hi, how've you been?" He spoke, trying to make small talk. I looked at him and rolled my eyes, scuffing in disgust. "I've been just fine, Cameron"

"Can we talk about this, please?" He asked, noticing my unwillingness to comply.

"What's there to talk about? You weren't there when I needed a friend. I'm sure if you hadn't seen me today, you wouldn't have ever spoke to me ever again" I barked, he sighed inwardly standing up.

He looked around and reached out for my wrist as if he were trying to be secretive.

"It wasn't my fault I never got to talk to you, Rose listen to me-"

"Look, if you wanted to talk we could have, it was all up to you! I don't wanna hear it-"

"It was Jack!" He cut me off abruptly, I looked at him in disgust and disbelief, rolling my eyes.

"Some nerve you have, blaming this on him. Just own up to it Cameron. If you didn't want to talk to me just say it!" I pushed him in his chest, he stumbled slightly and shook his head.

"You're not understanding, I'm telling the truth" he tried, grabbing my hand this time.

"When he found us on the balcony that night, he threatened me and my family" he started, "I never wanted to treat you that way but that's how it had to be"

I rolled my eyes and Cameron sighed.

"I'm not lying, it was Jack"

I looked at him, slightly believing him but I'm in too deep to turn back.

And with that, Jack walked in.

A smirk on his face, "Let's go Cameron"

And in this moment, I realized I might have made the biggest mistake.