eight

i picked up the first file, opening it and taking the papers out. the first one was a boy, his name was marked off with black ink but he had a "code name" under his photo. JD424
there were four more pictures of the people, all names were crossed off the all had nicknames. The next thing was a packet, it seemed to be hand written and it could possibly be jack's but i was proven wrong after i read the note

we've all went out of town, adrién has left town for good. he's not a threat anymore. gilinsky inc. is back on track. although there are still a few members lf his crew left here, we're still looking for them.

thats what the first one read, but the second one said this

he's here. he is out here adrién is out here, our main focus is to get to something he loves, or something he cares for. the crew is looking for his vulnerabilities right now

ps he has a kid we have our first priority.

Capture her

+

i continued looking through files, books and
papers when i heard the monitor that signals when someone walks in

jack. i threw the papers back in the folders, closed ghe notebooks and shoved them into the drawer. i checked on the cameras, two minutes until they're back on. i bolted down the attic steps and shoved it back up. i ran down the hallways stealthily trying to stay at a small light tone. i made it to my room just in time, i jumped in the bed and tried to act casual.
"hey, i'm home" he said as i smiled looking at him.
"why are you sweating?" he asked walking in more and shutting the door, "what were you doing?"
"you know, just cleaning" i said quickly "there was nothing to clean adrianna" he replied suspiciously. "its hot" i said. "the ac is on sweetie" he said a smirk growing on his face. "i just got out the shower"
"your hair isn't wet, the bathroom isn't steamy" fuck, he just keeps coming up with come backs.
"i uh- i took a jog around the house" i said.
"tell me the truth" he said getting closer, to me and anger. "i took a shit" i blurted. i covered my mouth and he chuckled, "haha you were embarassed to tell me you went to the restroom? oh come on, i won't say anything. it can be our secret" he winked laughing and walking towards the door.
"oh and be ready, you're going to work with me tomorrow. i'm having a meeting and i want you to be there" he said. i smiled lightly and nodded.
i was glad he wanted me to go.
+
the next morning i followed my everyday routine, and set the table for breakfast.
"morning adri" he smiled, "morn" i replied
"i already ate" i said. "you need to change, i have an outfit for you" he started "go look on your bed"
i nodded and walked upstairs. i looked at the dress in astonishment, it was an armani (lmao its really a bodycon dress GTG) dress with louis vitton red bottom heels. this is too much, its just a meeting? i shrugged it off putting the dress on and sliding the shoes on. i fixed my hair as neatly as i could, i'm not so great at doing my hair. should i do my makeup? do i even have some?
i went in the bathroom going through the drawers and cabinets. all there was blush and foundation and a skin tone lip stick. i did the best i could and walked downstairs, clutching the small clutch purse to my side. jack turned around from the table, hearing me walk down the steps. "you look nice" he said looking at me up and down. i blushed lightly and smiled "thank you, as do yourself" i complimented. "well, shall we?" he said sticking his arm out. "we shall" i chuckled looping my arm with his and following him out to his car. memories of the last car ride filled my head, him yelling, screaming pulling my hair. why am i still here? because i am broke. in a few minutes we reached his office and we took the elevator to the top, he greeted his peers and employees and walked into an oval shaped office. all his friends sat there, jack, sam, nate and a few other people i couldn't recongnize but none of their girlfriends were there. it was odd but in a way it made me feel special, he wanted me. out of all people he wanted me to be there at one of his meetings. i smiled at the thought as everyone looked at us. "hello" jack said to them all. they all nodded their heads in acknowledgement or waved. "so lets get to business" jack said leading me to a set next to his and sitting next to me. "now that we have what we needed lets talk about how we are gonna use it" he explained. they all nodded in agreement and proceeded to talk. "we could hold it up for ransom?" sam suggested, "yeah but then it makes it seem like we need money, we have enough of that. we need our territory and our shit back. he's taken too much from us" johnson stated. i looked around confused, trying to piece together what they meant and who 'he' was. "we can still hold him for ransom, if we tell him what we have he'll happily oblige to what we want. trust me, he wants this more than anything. i made sure of it" after sam explained more jack sighed. "okay, we'll go with the ransom shit, but johnson you make sure he knows we're serious, nate you inform some of his men out here and threaten his crews. We're making this known" they all agreed and chanted, shouting in cooed over something I still haven't figured out.

"cameron, take adrianna for a moment please" jack ordered. cameron nodded and took my arm, pulling me away from them into another room.

at first we sat in silence awkwardly, shuffling around. until he spoke up.

"so how do you do it?" he asked, i furrowed my eyebrows and chuckled "how to do what?" i replied

"how do you remain chill and this whole plan is based on you?" he finished

"what?" i asked, "this whole plan is based off you mrs. De la fluentè your father is who we're trying to lure in, all we needed was you and you walked straight into it without a fight sweet heart" he laughed.

my chest felt weird and my stomach churned, i wasn't 'special' he wanted me to be here because I was bait, i am the reason my father will come out here to meet his death.

and it hurt me. a man i never knew is whom i am sad over. "what do you mean?" i asked my voice cracking. "your father is adrién de la fluenté and you are his daughter and most prized possession, you've got a price on your head" cameron explained.

"can i go to the bathroom?" i asked changing the subject. "yeah, down the hall to the right" I left and walked to the elevator hitting the parking lot button. i waited anxiously hoping jack didn't notice my absence.

once i made it to the bottom i bolted out, kicking my heels off and taking them into my hands.

" i quit, i quit" i repeated to myself. i ran as long as my legs could take it and as far as they could carry me. i only got the job so quickly because they were expecting me, this is why my house was audited.

so much was on my mind and now i'm alone again, on the could streets of new york.