seven

he chuckled at me and nodded slowly, "i guess you do have a right to know" he shrugged "the business i am in is sort of illegal and dangerous. i am in the cartel my family comes from a big history of it, but i didn't want my family to have to run from it for the rest of their lives so i took it over completely. i own gilinsky incorporations and all that comes with it, i have several buildings in several different areas, i work with friends who i have scouted. there is plenty more that i should tell you but if i do i'd have to kill you" he explained. i chuckled at him and shook my head, thinking he was joking but a serious look fell upon his face and my laughter died down. he was serious, he would literally kill me. "are you serious?" i asked and he nodded "i am"
"you've killed people before jack?" i asked. "why ask a question you don't want the answer to?" he replied, "just tell me" i said and he sighed. "yes and no"
"what is yes and no? what do you mean?" i said getting angry.
"i schedule times and places for people to get killed, but i have never killed someone myself, but don't under estimate me. i am very capable of killing someone, by myself. i have very good training, i guess you can say i don't need a weapon to kill someone" he said. he was monsterous, how could he just admit to it feeling no remorse or sympathy. he even chuckled at the end after explaining how he could kill someone with his bare hands. he sells drugs, probably more than that and he kills people. why am i still here?
the way his eyes lit up when he was talking about it, like it made him happy, that it pleasured him to talk about what he could do to people. if he could do that, why should i hesitate to obey him? "who is the other jack?" i blurted, "that is my bestfriend, he asked to join the business after i first took it over so i let him. he's basically my second in command, if i'm not there then he is in charge" he smirked. "what am i?" i asked and he looked pretty nervous as soon as i asked the question. "you're the maid, like i said. you just tend to my house and make me food" he responded. "seriously, your house is already clean as shit and i barely have anything to clean. i'm better off being a chef rather than a maid" i explained. "w-well i wanted one, everyone else has one" he answered. "b-but-" "you are just a maid. i don't want to talk about it anymore" he said sternly. i ceased all talking and sat there awkwardly, not knowing what to say or what to do. he got up and went to the bathroom and i took this chance to go to my room. i sighed entering the room and sitting on the bed. i decided to get on the phone he bought me, might as well make it useful. i was downloading games and music when the phone buzzed.
one unread text message from 323 475 2686
thought it would be that easy jack?
i read the text and furrowed my eyebrows. this must be jacks old phone.
from me to unknown
you must have to wrong number, i'm not jack
unknown to me
who are you then?
from me to unknown
i'm his maid
for a minute i thought i shouldn't be talking to who ever this is nor amswering his questions, but who is it gonna hurt?
unknown to me
what's your name sweet heart?
from me to unknown
adrianna
unknown to me
adrianna de la fluente?!
it was weird to me that he knew my last name but i never questioned it. this must be one of jack's friends or something.
from me to unknown
yes, who are you?
unknown to me
i'm jeremy, do me a favor hun. don't tell jack you spoke to me.
from me to unknown
why i think i should tell him this doesn't seem right
unknown to me
no! do not tell him you spoke to me. jack is very dangerous and will get so mad at you. he might hurt you. please keep this between us. talk to you later ;)
i didn't respond after that.
   who the hell is jeremy?
why didn't he want me to tell jack? how does he know jack?
what did he mean by 'thought it would be that easy'
i am so confused and so scared, what is jack still keeping from me?
  i hate to be a snoop and venture into places i was told to stay out of but if jack won't tell me i have to find out by myself.

i hid the phone under the bed, against the wall.

"hey i'm leaving for a meeting. i'll be back in an hour" he said opening my door, i jumped slightly and pushed my hair behind my ear. his facial expression changed, then relaxed.
"okay" i said as he closed the door. i heard him walk down the steps and open and close the door. i ran down the steps and looked through the window, watching him pull off.
after he pulled off i walked around trying to find the camera room. i can't sneak around if he can just watch it later. i ran throughout the whole house, checking everywhere it could be. i ran through a hallway i've never been through when i hit a string hanging from the ceiling. i furrowed my eyebrows and grabbed the string. it was connected to the ceiling. i pulled it and a piece of wood came down. an attic, it was an attic. i pulled the string all the way down and it opened and some stairs were attached to it. i unfolded the steps and climbed up them. and there it was, a seat placed in the middle with multiple screens all for different camera's all in throughout the house. he has one in my room, what the hell?
i shook it off and went over to the desk, looking for a switch or something but i am pretty sure its all digital. i right clicked the mouse and options came up.
restart
refresh
reboot
power off

  i clickled on restart and it said it would take an hour. i clicked againto accept and i left the attic. i ran to the hallway where his rooms were. i opened the first door and there another desk sat, where there was a computer, two more phones and a notepad.

i picked up the phones, the notepads and a folder that was in the drawer.

i pray he doesn't come back early.

--------
guyyss its hot asf in california
i need waterrrrr