ten

I stayed in the bedroom crying trying to muffle my low screams but failed. I was in pain, mentally, emotionally and unfortunately there is no medicine for this. He hurt me so much, calling my father out his name and mocking my mother's death. It hurt me. Bad. At this point I wanted to hurt Jack as much as he hurt me, make him feel physically what he done to me emotionally.
"Jeremy?" I asked into the phone.
"Adrianna? Why are you calling me? Not that I mind but"

"No reason. I just wanted to talk to you about Jack"
"Oh" he said in a intrigued tone

"What do you want to know about him?" I said, at this point I didn't care. Jack was gonna get what he deserved.

"Tell me everything" he responded.

And that's just what I did. I told him about the information I seen on the records and the names and plans on the construction papers.

"Why are you telling me this?" He asked.

"Let's just say this, he deserved it "

I hung up after, sliding the phone back to its original spot.
I was interrupted by a knock on the door.
Fearing it was Jack I told him to go away.

"Its Cameron"

My head shot up and I walked towards the door. "Why are you here?" I spat harshly. "Geeze I just wanted to check on you. I know what he said hurt back there" he said.
"Yeah no shit" I said. My accent becoming more and more bold as I got angry. "Wanna talk about it?" He asked. "What's there to talk about?" I started getting loud.
"How my father doesn't care about me? How I'm broke and don't have a place to go? How I'm worthless? Oh or how my moms dead? Which one would you like to discuss?" I yelled.

"I just want to help Adrianna. I seen how bad it hurt you. I've been through a similar situation" he started but I cut him off.
"Oh really?" I said sarcastically.
"Yes. My father is dead. And Jack would use it as an excuse to hurt me to apparently make me stronger" he explained. "But you're older than Jack" I said taking in his features. His strong jawline and mature look his chestnut eyes and beautiful smile.
"I'm twenty-four Adrianna. Only three years" he chuckled. "But what I'm trying to say is I took what he said and made it into something. I'd use it as fuel like gas to a car to make me fight for something and get it just as I wanted. Make things better for yourself" he explained.

"I can't Cameron. I have no one to talk to. No one that cares, no one to help me. I don't want to be alone anymore. I can't do it" I cried silently tears slowly falling from my eyes.
"I'm just tired. I tried to find the love that once filled my heart and the joy that once filled my soul and I can't. I need someone, just anyone that cares. That will help me" I cried again putting my head in my hands.
"I care" Cameron said laying his hand on my thigh. I looked up at him, no sympathy nor sadness just surety. He meant what he said. I reached my arms out and just hugged him, not caring if he didn't want to, I needed it

"Why though?" I said against his chest tears staining his dark black shirt.

"Because, I was the same way. Except I had no one. So I want you to have someone there for you. I care. You can talk to me, you can look to me for help" he explained.
"Thank you" I said forcing my lips into a smile.
"Is he still here?" I asked, Cameron shook his head knowing exactly how I was talking about. "No. He told me to stay and talk to you. He said he's really sorry, that he just feared losing you today" he explained.
His tone sounded irritated and he rolled his eyes at the end.
"But they should be back shortly" he finished.
"Can you stay here?" I asked I needed someone I could talk to.

"As much as I wish I could I can't. But I can text you" he smiled.
"Okay, what's your number?" I asked getting the phone and going to the dial pad.
"562-789-5629" he said

I put his number in and set it as Cameron with a one hundred emoji.
The front door open and closed downstairs signalling jacks return.
"Well I gotta go" Cameron said standing up. "Keep your head up" he said kissing my cheek and walking towards the door. My face heated and I turned away. "Bye" he said and I waved. He left and flopped back on the bed looking at the ceiling. Slowly falling asleep. My eyes were on the verge of closing when the door opened. "Adrianna?"
My jaw tightened and my hands balled. "What" I said sternly. "I'm sorry" Jack said, I felt the front on the bed dip in. "Really, I am" his hand resting low on my thigh.
It was different from Cameron's. This one made my body heat and my insides spin. My breathing hitched as he spoke up. "Sit up"
I did as he said and when I was finished I was met with his gaze.

I couldn't believe I was even thinking this but it was like I had already forgiven him.
"I'm sorry if I hurt you. It was never my intention" he said his hand coming to rest on my cheek.
"Just please don't leave me again. I thought I lost you" he said his hands then reaching around my waist and pulling me into him.
"Stay with me" he said kissing below my ear.
"Please"

So many things clouded my mine, the lust filled in his voice and in my head.
So I meant what I said.
"I won't"

----------------
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!