thirty

I'm scared.

I'm really scared, honestly.

I haven't been own my own in so long, and when I was it was so wrong.

I was homeless, I was broke, sad.

I don't know if I can really be own my own.

I lived under my mom's wing for so long, I don't know anything about the city I've lived in my whole life.

Leaving Jack was something that never came to mind, we'll that was before I realized this was a hoax.

Can I really live alone?

Can I manage a steady job, can I keep a roof over my head?

The world is a rough place and I don't think I'm prepared.

All my life my mom tried to prepare me for this but I took it for granted. I never actually thought it would come to this.

She could've tried harder!

She could have prepared me a little better, she could've warned me!

I found myself cursing at my mom, my eyes stinging and my panic rising.

I'm gonna be alone.

I opened the box again, looking at the envelope filled with money.

- take it to go see your father, he knows you're coming someday

A tear slipped from my eyes as I slammed the box shut.

Jack looked over at me, a smile on his face until he seen my expression.
He stopped the car abruptly, then started to pull over realizing we were in the middle of the road.

"What's wrong?"

The street lights lit the side of his perfect face, shadowing and shining in the right place.

He turned the light on and turned his body toward me.

"What is it?" He asked a little more sternly.

"What am I gonna do, Jack? I can't live on my own, I can't take care of myself. I don't even know how to grocery shop?" Jack's mouth twitched and the corners of his mouth turned into a small smile.

"Are you laughing?" I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest, turning away from him.

"Seriously, Adrianna?"

I looked at him sharply, my gaze angry.

"Don't you mean Rose?"

He chuckled, and covered his mouth.

Does he really think this is a joke?

"Its not funny, Jack. I have no experience with anything! The job you gave me wasn't even real."

He still had the same amused look on his face.

"There's so much I have yet to learn! For God's sake I was home schooled, my mother was from France, she barely knew American culture's. She was good with the language and taught me the basics but I wouldn't say I am intelligent. I'm not good with numbers, Jack. What do I do?"

He was irritating me, I'm sitting here -tears still falling- telling him I am unstable and he's laughing.

I have no family, well I could always go stay at Roman's motel.

But was he serious?

He was being so caring and helpful and now he's being a complete asshole.