Chapter 27: Locked Up

Nikki's P.O.V.
I'm sitting in my cell making my bed when the guard comes into my room and says," you have a visitor". I don't ask who it is. Only one person has been coming to visit me since I've been in this place. I'm just glad he's ok. I walk out of my cell and down to the visitors room. I sit down in my chair and pick up the phone. Shane does the same. I speak first," hey, how's Nathaniel?" Shane responds," he still isn't talking to anyone, and when he does he screams your name, over and over again". I chuckles," yeah, that sounds like something he would do". It's been about two months since the incident. I told my parent's everything. And they told me that Nick had died during childbirth. I had told them that I had killed those people. I knew that if I told them about Nick, they would've sent me to a mental institution. I figured jail would be better. Shane looks at me and says," Nikki, this isn't your fault you know that, right?" I look at him and  don't say anything. It is my fault. If I didn't talk to Nick, none of this would've happened. If I had just gone to Mom and told her that I had heard a voice in my head none of this would've happened. Nikki. Nikki please talk to me. You have to understand that I did it for you. Since I've been in jail I've been getting good at ignoring him. I look at Shane and say," I...I know. I....I don't feel like talking anymore...bye". I hang up the phone. Shane does the same. I get up and walk back to my cell. I can feel his worried gaze on my back. Nikki, please, I did all of this for you. I'm in my cell. Nikki, please, talk to me. The cell bars swing shut and the guard locks it. Nikki? Please, I had to do it. I couldn't just sit there and let them separate us. I lay down on the metal bed and close my eyes. I did this for you, Nikki! I did this for you!.