Chapter 15:Raging Mad

Shane's P.O.V                                          I'm downstairs sitting on the living room couch when I notice how quiet it is. I sigh. I don't like fighting with Nikki, but she has to understand that none of us want her to get hurt, and when she has her blackouts, that's very easy to do. Like I told her, I just want to keep her safe. But I still don't want her mad at me. And knowing Nikki, she won't be the one to apologize. I sigh, get up off the couch and walk up the stairs. I stop at Nikki's door. I raise a hesitant hand and knock on her door and say," Nikki? look, can we talk? I'm not the only one who put you on house arrest you know, your parents did too, can I come in?". Silence greets me back. I frown, Nikki doesn't usually gives me the silent treatment, only her parents. I place my hand on the doorknob and open the door, I'm met face to face with an empty room and an even more empty bed. She wouldn't. I look around and notice that her skateboard is gone and that her bathroom door is closed. I walk over to the bathroom, knock on the door and say," Nikki? you in there? Nikki can you please answer me?, I just wanna know if you're ok, Nikki?". I knock on the door once more, before deciding what to do. I look around the room before seeing what I need: A hairpin. I pick it up and get down on my knees. I carefully pick the lock on the bathroom door, seconds later it swings open. I get up off my knees and look into the bathroom. It's empty. The window is open, I walk over to the window and look down. Hot anger shoots through my veins, anger at Nikki escaping, anger at her putting herself in danger when there's obviously a seriel killer lose. I practically run down the stairs, I'm so mad at her that I can barely control my movements. I grab my skateboard, I write a quick note to her parents explaining what happened so that they don't worry. I walk out the door, slamming it and locking it behind me. I throw my skateboard down on the ground, and skate off to the one place I know Nikki would go to: Fran's Flavors, a yogurt shop. While I'm skating, my only thought is: Nicole Rosetta Alvarez, you are in a world of trouble when I find you.