Chapter 1: *8 years later*

Nikki's P.O.V
Brigg! Brigg! Brig-. My hand slams down on the alarm clock. I open my eyes and sit up in my bed. I look at the clock and see that it's 7:43 in the morning...shit!!!, I'm gonna be late!!. I shot out of bed like a rocket blasting off. I go straight to my closet and pull out a shirt and pants without seeing what they are. I go into my bathroom. I'm the only one in this family that has a bathroom in his or her room. I take a quick hot shower, step out and put on my clothes. I wash my face and brush my teeth. I run back into my room. I take a quick glance in the mirror and see that I'm wearing a black and red shirt where the red is in the middle and the two black parts are covering it like a sandwich. I have on black skinny jeans. I grab a red headband and put it on. I put on my gym shoes. I grab my one strap backpack and my journal. I rush down the stairs. My mom is in the kitchen making waffles. Mmhm, those smells soo good...no time though. I speed walk into the kitchen and give my mom a kiss on the cheek. " Bye mom, love you!" she responds," love you too Nikki!". As I rush out the front door,I grab my skateboard and my phone that's on the counter. Once I'm outside, I put my phone in my bag, hop on my skateboard and ride away. Class at my school starts at 8:00, I check my phone and see that it's 7: 53. Damn, damn, damn! I pump my legs faster, I see my school just up ahead. I stop infront of the gate and pop my skate board. I pump my fish and say," yes! made it!". I walk into the school and into the cafeteria and sit down at my regular table. I take out my journal and start to work on a plot. Three shadows cover my words, I look behind me and see that it's none other than the Tripod of Terror. I don't call them that to their face though, it's not like I have a death wish. They're all dressed with the same color as usual. Pink. Ugh. An insanely bright color. Their leader, Madison Storm or as I call her Barbie 2.0, flips her blonde hair with her perfectly fingered manicure and says," look, it's the tomboy, she probably dates nerds and geeks, you know Nicole-"she calls me that because she knows I hate my full name."Nicole, you could really use a makeover or better yet a face transplant!". That's her cue to laugh and the other tripods, Evelyn Rodriguez and Kaitlyn Lewis do. I just roll my eyes, I thought blondes were just dumb in movies, guess not. I hear a throat being cleared and a guy's voice saying," yo, you guys are one to talk when you all clearly stuff your bras, I think you're running a little low on tissue there, Evelyn". Ah, my knight in shining friendship, Shane Henderson.