Chapter 12: Back home

Nikki's P.O.V
Wakey, wakey, eggs and bakey. Nick says in my head. Even though I found out about him a day ago, I feel like I've known him my whole life. I open my eyes, expecting to see bright hospital lights. But I see white ceiling tiles instead. I look down at myself and see that I'm not wearing my hospital gown. I'm wearing blue jeans and a dark purple t- shirt. I realize that I'm at my house and not at the hospital. I'm laying down on my living room couch. I get up off the couch. I hear quiet voices coming from the kitchen. I make my way towards it and go through the kitchen door. Almost immediately, quiet enters the once noisy kitchen. My parents and Shane are in the kitchen, heads bowed down like they're praying. I clear my throat and say," what's going on?". My mom stands up and says," Nicole, I have some...news" I nod and say," ok, what's the news?". My dad stands up and says," sweetie, Dr. Warren is...he's dead honey, they found him this morning". Suddenly their words sound muffled, the room starts spinning. The colors on the wall blend into one color. Suddenly I fall to my knees. I feel someone's arms wrap around mine and someone screaming my name," Nikki!, Nicole?!, Nikki". Nikki!. Nick. I try to hang on to his voice, but the shock is too much. I pass out.