Chapter 4: Hospital

Shane's P.O.V
I take Nikki in my arms and yell," someone call 911!!!,now!". Our gym teacher is on the phone, I pick Nikki up and get our stuff. I send her mom a quick text to let her know that Nikki had her blackout. I hear sirens, blaring loud from outside. Soon paramedics rush in here and lift Nikki onto a gurney. I rush outside with them, and get into the ambulance with Nikki. My phone rings and it's Nikki's mom. " hi, Mrs. Alvarez, We're on our way to the hospital, Nikki's fine". I hear her breath a sigh of relief and she say," good, that's good,k look, I'm leaving work right now, can you stay with her until I get there?". I say," sure, I'll do that". I hang up. I look down at Nikki and see that her chest is moving up and down, good, she's breathing. We arrive at the hospital and the paramedics hand Nikki over to her personal Doctor, Dr. Warren. I get out the ambulance too. The nurses put Nikki onto a gurney and wheel her down the hall way. Dr. Warren and I walk side by side as Nikki is wheeled down the hallway. Dr. Warren is white, has brown hair, and hazel eyes. He's wearing a white lab coat and light brown pants. He puts two fingers to Nikki's neck and says," she has a pulse, so she should be stable" They wheel Nikki into a hospital room, lift her off of the gurney and onto the hospital bed. Dr. Warren goes into the hallway for a minute. I sit beside Nikki's bed and hold her hand. Even though we've been friends since 7th grade, her blackouts still scare me, because I don't know if she'll ever wake up, I don't know if she'll be okay, but somehow she always is. I've been there for her always, she's been there for me, lately it seems the only thing I can do is protect her. I hear a woman's voice breaking, like she's about to cry, I know it's Nikki's mom. Mrs. Alvarez comes in, with Nikki's little brother Nathaniel in tow. Nathaniel has brown hair and blue eyes, everyone in the family has blue eyes.He's five years old. Except their dad, who has green eyes. Nathaniel goes right by Nikki's side, climbs up on her chest and wraps his arms around her torso and stays there. The room is silent, it isn't an uncomfortable silence. We all just stand there in Nikki's room, waiting for her to open her eyes. Wake up.