Alternate Ending:

Start from the beginning

“I can’t even believe that all of this happened in 10 years. You’re living the life at 31!”

“It’s unbelievable I know. It’s crazy to even think about.”

“You’re even more famous than you thought you would be. I knew you were an amazing director but this is incredible!” 

“It’s not about the fame Luke. It’s about doing what I love. The money, fame, recognition is just a bonus.”

“Now you’re doing a new sitcom. I hear that’s going to be a big hit.”

“Let’s hope. I never have done comedy before so it will be interesting. I thought about it once when i was offered a movie with Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, David Spade and Kevin James, but I turned it down.

“Are you talking about Grown Ups?”

“Yeah the third one. They wanted to me to be a part of it but I had to turn it down because I was working on 9/11/01.”

“I guess that was a good decision because it got your an Oscar Nomination.”

“I want to expand my work to more. I think doing sitcoms would do that.”

“It would.” There was a long pause before Luke shifted uncomfortably.”

“Luke there has to be more of a reason that you’re here.”

“I have missed you.” He looked at me. It was like looking at a flashback to the past. It was like looking at this saddened face when I gave the ring back. How he couldn’t accept that I was going to be permanently in California working on my big break. 

“Luke, we can’t do this. I’m too busy.” I shook my head.

“I just wanted to talk to you.”

“No you didn’t. Luke you were my best friend forever. We dated for 5 years. I know you better than I know myself. My life is changed so has yours.” He stood up from the curb next to where I was standing.

“Reagan I have missed you everyday since you told me no. Every day, every minute.”

“You had girlfriends who kept you pretty busy, don’t lie Luke. I can tell when you lie.”

“I had girlfriends but that doesn’t mean I didn’t miss my best friend. It doesn’t mean that I didn’t miss what we had. Nothing could compare to the time I spent with you. I was in New York City the last month and I was in F.A.O Schwarz. It reminded me of you Reagan. It reminded me of the time we went in there after your dad’s memorial. I couldn’t help but think about all those great times we had.”

“Luke I can’t do this. I have moved on. My life doesn’t have time for this.”

“Doesn’t have time for this? Or have time for me?” He looked sad and hurt.

“No Luke! Don’t put words in my mouth. I don’t think you get it. You can’t just barge onto my set and expect me to jump into your arms. Life doesn’t always go the way that you want it to go. I learned that.”

“Don’t bring that up. Not now.”

“Bring what up Luke? The fact that after a month of being your Fiance, I couldn’t take the lying. I couldn’t take the fact your cheated on me! The day I founded out you were with someone else was the worst day of my entire life. It was like being hit by a truck and than having it roll back over you in reverse. My entire life was taken away from me.”

“I was stupid and I apologized hundreds of times. It was a stupid night!  A stupid mistake.”

“I’m not taking about something that happened a decade ago. It’s not worth it.”