Chapter 8 ~The First Date

Side note: Bam! There is no side note!! Sad soup... Ah well
HERE WE GO!!!!!

Anni's POV:

I sat down with Ben and smiled to myself. He was the best, so much better than...
Dan. That jerkface.
A grade A butt if you ask me. Ben treated me so much better, I mean he wasn't a better kisser... No Anni stop! Ben is your boyfriend now, I thought, just move on. I glanced over to see Dan walk in the door, followed by Emmy and then, followed by Phil. Odd.

Dan sat a few rows in front of me beside Katy, that bitch. If I could kill her I would, but prison isn't as pretty as I'd like it to be. Anyways, Phil sat on the other side of the room and Emmy sat down beside him. They were kinda cute together. Phemmy? Nah! It didn't work. I decided I would ask Phil about her more later, he seemed quite jumpy earlier.

Ms.McBride walked into the room and the whole class fell silent. She was favourite teacher. She was funny, smart and didn't take shit from anyone, basically me in teacher form. No, that's weird, I thought. She placed her laptop bag on her desk and turned to face the class. Her white blonde hair was caught back in a bun and she was wearing skinny jeans and a pink top.
"Okay class." She began. "You are going to be put in pairs and work on a poem together. Remember to discuss the meaning and the theme. Okay, so first pair..."
She began listing people together.

Ben got put with Katy and he didn't look that upset by it, which bugged me slightly. Chris and Pj got put together, lucky them huh? Then it got to me,
"Anneliese and Emmajayne."
I glanced over at Emmy and she gave me the biggest smile ever. This was going to be awesome!

Then it got to Phil, I had nearly forgotten about him. I was trying to see who hadn't been partnered up yet when Ms.McBride called it out for me. I felt Phil's pain the minute I hear the name he was put with. (Pain, name woah I'm a poet😋, back to the story)
"Phillip and Daniel. Okay, that's everyone, please go sit with your partner and begin discussing your poem."

Phil got partner with Dan, and the poor boy never looked so scared.

Phil's POV:

"Phillip and Daniel.."
Ms.McBride's words echoed round my head. Is this karma? Bad luck? I didn't know. Emmy turned to me and smiled.
"Good luck." She whispered, winking at me before getting up to sit with Anni.

I looked up to see Dan heading towards me. Okay Phil, my brain said, don't look into his eyes, play it cool and everything will be fine. I tried to obey it by flicking my fringe over my face and looking down at the page. I heard the chair beside me move and looked up to see Dan sat lazily in it.
"You aight? You look sick?" Dan asked.
"I'm fine." I grunted, trying to make it clear I didn't like him.

Dan began talking about this war poem, "Dulce et Decorum Est" (it's Latin for it is sweet and fitting to, look it up it's like my fave poem). He talked about it so amazingly and I just kept nodding in agreement to everything he said. We decided we would do this poem as Dan really seemed to love it.
"War? Poetry? Dan getting a little deep there." I laughed.
"Well Phil, it's a truly inspiring piece." Then he began to say something but stopped.

He glanced down at his table and muttered,
"You can come over today and we could work on it, em it you'd like?"
I stopped to think for a minute I mean, I knew we have to work together but, what if he kisses me again?!? Well, I told myself, I wouldn't mind... No Phil! My brain screamed.

I looked up at him and said,
"Yea, cool. I'll text my mum at lunch and let you know."
Dan smiled at me and little dimples appeared at the sides of his mouth. How cute. Cute? Oh gods, not this again I thought before being distracted by the sound of the bell.

*time skippidy it's now the end of school (so big time skippidy)*

Those classes really dragged on and now, I was about to go to Dan's house. I texted my mum at lunch and she was completely fine with it. Anni, Chris and Peej avoided talking about the project with me but Emmy was acted weird. One minute she would look confused, then happy and then worried then, she completely disappeared from her last 3 classes.

My thought were caught up with Emmy that I didn't realise I was about to walk into Dan. I stopped right before I walked into him, only after hearing a set of keys gangling (is that even a word?!). He turned around, making his nose to nose. I quickly backed away and walked around to the passenger side of the car and got it. Dan got in and started the engine and we were away.

The drive wasn't a long one, Dan didn't live too far from the school, and it was quite enjoyable as muse and fall out boy were playing in the car. It surprised me that Dan and I had the same taste in music, but I didn't say anything.

We walked up to his front door and his house looked HUGE. He opened the door and lead me inside. The house seemed bigger on the inside, if that's possible. It was so clean and tidy, I immediately gasped. It was such a change from my own tiny home.

Dan lead me past a room, which was the kitchen, and brought me up a set of stairs. He lead me to a room, which I guessed was his bedroom and I was right. His bedroom was quite dark compared to my room, but it suited him. I studied the wall and noticed a muse poster and some other weird pictures. Ye, like deformed cartoons. Anyways, he sat down on a chair which was positioned in front of his desk. I sat down on the edge on his bed and began to fiddle. I always start to fiddle when I get nervous.

"Look." Dan began, breaking the awkward silence. "I get it you probably hate me at the moment, but I didn't kiss you to lead you on okay? I know I do lead people on but, when I saw how caring and kind you were... Well, I thought I'd go crazy if I didn't kiss you." He paused for a minute. "I'm sorry, really."
I thought about it for a second. It's not like I didn't want to kiss him, after all I did kiss back. I couldn't quite wrap my head around it but, I decided to forgive Dan and work on. I needed a good grade and maybe I might see Dan differently.

"I forgive you, and it's alright you can forget about it. It was only a kiss right?" I laughed awkwardly, staring at the floor. "But don't think I'm here for kissing lessons, because I'm not!" I said, referring to his note.
Dan laughed, "What would give you that idea?"
"Your note, twat."
"Oi, don't call me a twat in my own home! And what note?"
He sounded really confused.
"The note you left with your number at my house, when you left!"
"Phil, I didn't leave a note or give you my number!"

I stopped. Was he serious? This was getting creepy. He obviously saw the look on my face though because he said, "It was probably nothing. Oh, maybe my kiss was so amazing it messed up your brain?"
I laughed. "Don't get to full of yourself, you could use a bit more practice."
"Phillip Lester, are you suggesting you would be willing to teach me?" He said, in a mock posh accent.
"Only if you're lucky." I said, and winked at him.

Maybe, I thought, this would be fun.

A/N: holy shit I've been gone awhile... SORRY!!! I was reading and I had to finish Mark of Athena before House of Hades and then I needed to read house of hades but ITS ALL DONE NOW SO WOOO!!!🎉🎉
That means hopefully more time to write (well I but of a procrastinator so don't get your hopes up...)
Anyways hope you enjoyed this chapter and I love you all!!!!!!! 😙💕

Lots of hugs and loves and hugs (ah hugs)
Emmy✨

(Dances down to Anni and yells at her to stay awake)