Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

Draco agreed. So Luna and him went out of the Great Hall and went to their respective classes.
Hoping they would someday have the time they want to spend with each other.

Classes are fun, but sometimes you have to deal with different personalities and different perspectives of different people.

After teaching the students of Hufflepuff. Luna was packing her things, when a student approached her.

"Miss Lovegood?" he said, quietly.

Luna looked up, finding out that they were the only persons left in the room.

She gave the sheepish lad a smile, "Yes, dear?"

The boy who was about 13 or 14 didn't somehow looked pleased by the name Luna called him.
But anyhow he continued he's reason.

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" He asked.

"Sure, why not?" Luna smiled.

The young lad grinned, "Thank you, I promise this won't take a while."

Luna shook her head, "Oh, don't bother, come take a seat." She pointed at the chair that was in front of her desk, which the boy gladly sat on.

Luna sat on her chair that was behind the desk, so that they would be face to face by the lad.

"What do you want to talk about, Mister?" Luna trailed off, not recalling the name of the boy.

The lad gave an awkward laugh, "It's Christopher Blackhood," he answered.

"Ah, yes, I remember you, so, Christopher, want to do you want to talk about?" Luna asked.

Christopher, who had these thick eyebrows and dark brown hair, and tall, lean figure, thinned his lips in an anxious manner.

"Well, I was hoping that you could teach me about beasts," said Christopher.

Luna looked curious, "That's a very interesting lesson you want to know, tell me, why?" She asked.

Christopher fumbles his hands and seemed to be growing more and more anxious every second.

"I want to learn about the creatures that they say are mythical. I know they're real. And I know I'm not crazy, about believing in what I do not see." He explained.

Luna's eyes widen at the boy's determination, but before she could say anything, Christopher continued,

"My family thinks I'm going nuts. And even my friends stay away from me. They think I'm mad. I don't care, though. But I still want to prove to them that they were wrong. But how can I prove to them when I'm just another dreamer, sailing. I do sometimes doubt that I can prove them wrong, because I'm all alone." He said.

Luna felt sorry for the boy. She knew how it felt to be misunderstood,  and to be lonely. So she understand every bit of him.

"What should I do?" Christopher suddenly spoke.

Luna stared at the desperate looking teenager, who had the good looks but was ignored by his eccentricity.

Luna took a deep breath before saying a word.

"Absence of evidence, isn't the evidence of absence," she spoke.

Christopher looked up and squinted carefully, "I don't understa—"

"Figure it out," Luna said.

Christopher raised his eyebrows, "And what if I can't figure it out?" He asked.

Luna gave a melodic laugh, "Of course you can," she said, confidently.

Christopher looked doubtful, "And how do you know I can?" He asked.

Luna gave him a smile, the one that gave a light to a bulb kind of smile,

"Because, you're just as sane as I am," she said.

It took a minute for the student to take in everything that was wittily said, before he stood and smiled at Luna.

"You're the best." He said, brightly.

And after that he looked like an idea struck him, so he tan out of the room, yelling,

"Thank you Miss Lovegood!"

And after just a moment Neville came in the room. He stood at the doorway of Luna's door and looked at Christopher, who was running down the hall, rapidly.

"What happened?" Neville asked Luna, who was still on her desk, arranging her things.

"Oh, I just gave him an advice," Luna answered not looking up, busy rummaging through the drawers.

Neville's eyes grew wide, "Did you punished him?" He asked, scared.

Luna's head slowly tilted to the side and gave Neville an eyebrow raise,

"Neville, I told you advice not punishment," she pointed out.

"Oh," Neville replied shortly, realizing he's mistake.

"Well, Draco is waiting for you!" He exclaimed.

"What?" Luna said.

"Oh, don't pretend to hear what I said, you're too old for pretending," Neville answered.

"Not as old as you are," Luna replied.

"Yeah, right," Neville snorted.

Luna gathered her things and shoved it into her bag and went out of the room. Neville followed her as they walked through the corridors.

"Hannah and I are back together again." Neville said.

"Is that so? Why, I'm so happy for you, Neville." Luna replied.

"Yeah, thanks, she said she was sorry for everything that happened to us on the past, but I told her that it was alright, and that I forgive her." Neville told.

Luna nodded, "That's great that you understand and forgive one another, I'm happy for you, Neville,"

"Thanks," Neville replied, "Oh, hey, Draco was looking for you by the way, I think he's by the black lake. He said he wanted to give you something," he grins.

"You're so cliché, Neville," Luna teased.

Neville shrugged defensively, "It's not me who's cliché, it's Malfoy we're talking about," he answered.

Luna laughed, "okay, all right, I surrender," she replied.

Neville rolled his eyes, and crossed he's arms across his chest.

"See you later, Neville," Luna waved.

Neville sighed, "Good bye Luna," he said, heavily.

Luna walked backwards, "Cheer up, Nev, smile!" She said hysterically.

Neville groaned, making Luna laugh. And she went a little more further, he shouted, "See you later!"