"Erik!" my mom chirped, rushing to hug my brother. I stood there waiting for her to notice me. I mean, doesn't she miss her daughter after not seeing her for a month? Or does she not even remember that she has a daughter, but I highly doubt that.

My dad walked up to us, carrying their luggage, then setting them down on the porcelain floor.

"Beverly baby, you changed your looks! Did you not like the way you were born?" My dad asked pulling me into a warm hug, that only daddy’s were able to give their little baby girls. Yes, I know, I’m a daddy’s girl. But hey, that’s a good thing.

"No daddy." I said pulling away from my dad, and headed over to my mother who now held her arms wide open after releasing Erik. I walked over to her and embraced her too.

"My baby girl, your hazel brown hair...gone. Why?" she asked, using a hand to lift my chin up so I was looking directly into her eyes.

"Just wanted a small change after 17 years." I replied smoothing my now auburn coloured hair out.

*Ding-Dong*

"I'll get it," I said leaving them to start talking.

I raised my hand to unlock that stubborn lock on the door, and yanked the door open. I quickly put on a smile ready to greet our late visitor. To my surprise, I came face-to-face to my shocked mate. Just like that, the smile vanished immediately from my face. We stood there until a voice cut the tension between us.

"Bev, who is it?" Erik asked from the living room.

I opened my mouth to answer, but I realized the name of my mate’s did not want to leave my mouth no more.

"Just Austin." I finally managed to squeak out.

"Denise Beverly Thomas, what happened to your manners?!" my mother asked in a scolding voice, walking over to us. "Invite him in!" She said pushing me aside.

"He’s not welcome here." I muttered under my breath stepping aside.

Ignoring my words, she turned away to head back to the living room after pulling Austin into the house. We were alone again.

"Bev, your hair." he whispered, raising a hand to tuck a strand of hair that had fallen over my face, to push it aside.

"Keep those dirty hands off me. And it's Denise or Beverly to you." I said slapping his hand away, ignoring the sparks.

Normally, I get people to call me Denise if I hate them, so mainly that’s why I usually get people to not call me that cause why mix them all in? Well technically… I hate Austin right now…

"Okay then, Denise I'm here to say sorr-" Suddenly, before he could finish his second apology of the day, he snatched my wrist and stared at the small tattoo under it. "What the hell is this?!" He screamed out at me, demanding for answers.

"What the hell does it look like?"

"A Never above a heart." he whispered tracing the tattoo, leaving tingles where he touched.

Stay strong Bev. Ignore this. You’ll be fine without him. There’s no such thing as-

Love Exists! My wolf growled.

Shut it, I growled back.

“It’s so…” I heard Austin say.

"What about it?" I asked, ripping my wrists away from his touch.

His face scrunched up when he was left grasping the air. "When'd you get it?"

"After school.” I replied bluntly.

"Why?" he questioned.

"Guess. What does it look like?" I asked, brushing over the Never part of the tattoo just like the way he did.

"I'm guessing, you think love doesn't exist or something along those lines." he said tilting his head to a side.

"Ding-Ding-Ding! Winner! Winner! A hundred dollars to you, Mr. Lane. You guessed the answer right! Now tell me, why'd you come here?" I asked, all curious. Then I tapped my chin with a finger. "Wait, no, I don't give a crap." I said turning around, starting to walk towards the staircase.

"Be-Denise, I just wanted to say sorry," he mumbled looking at the floor in guilt.

"Sorry for what? Humiliating me? Yeah right. You’re just saying sorry to save yourself from the guilt, I get it. Apology accepted.” I chirped, as I crossed my fingers behind my back. “Just go away." I said climbing up the stairs.

"No, B-Denise, you don't get it. I really didn’t mean to make you to feel humiliated! It was literally just a wave of shock!”

"Oh, so you actually care," I said sarcastically, walking right into my room and slamming the door, to point out-end of discussion.

I took out my phone, and started to text Madi. A few seconds later, there was a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I yelled out not looking away from my phone.

"Austin."

I groaned. "You don't take hints do you?"

"Denise, Can we at least be friends…again?" he asked, not before kicking my door open.

"We had to be friends in the beginning to be friends again, retard." I said not even looking up at him.

"Then what wer-.”

"Just acquaintances who knew each other for their entire life.” Screw not being allowed to order your alpha around. He’ll live. “Now out!" I ordered, finally getting up and tried to push him away. He didn’t budge an inch.

For a second he looked like he was about to comment about me ordering him around, so I tried not to cringe.

"For the fact you've known me soooo long, and trained with both me and Erik, you should know that I am stronger than you and if I don’t want to move, I will not shift an inch." He stated, a smug smile creeping to his face.

"Oh, of course, unless I do this," I said smirking and aiming my knee straight at where the sun doesn’t shine on. I don't think he's going to be able to do anything with that ding-a-ling for a while.

With that, I quickly gave him one last shove and he was out of my room. Slamming the door in his face, I immediately locked it. Then as I slid down my room’s door, laughing my ass off, I heard him cry in pain. Trust me, I don't even know if I'm really his mate now. I mean, I don’t feel a single hint of guilt yet from what I just did. Yet, I know I can't deny those feelings I get when I'm around him.

"Holy shit, what the fuck is wrong with you!?" He screamed out, probably holding his crotch right now.

"Do I have to remind you? Of course, everything! Now stay away from me or there may be more than just what I did to you." I threatened.

"No!” he groaned.  “Denise I’m being a hundred percent honest. I'm sorry. I can't deny that I actually, really like you."

I felt my heart flutter as those words entered my brain.

"Like me, my ass." I said plugging my iPhone into the docking system, then turning the music up high.

He started talking again, but I didn't hear anything clear enough to make out what he said. The music was way too loud, and hey, who the heck cares? You only live once. Anyways, I doubt anything he says would change my mind. I'm going to show him, what happens when you reject me. And boy, he's going to have to go through hell to change my mind.