Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head

Start from the beginning

"Joe!" George yelled, running out after the bartender as the rest of us followed after them.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"All right, details." Meredith demanded as she and I finally got Cristina alone later on in the evening, after Joe had been admitted. "You're pregnant? What are you gonna do?"

"You both know what happens with pregnant interns." Cristina shook her head. "I am not switching to the vagina squad or spending my life popping zits. I'm too talented. Surgery's my life."

"Which leads the the bigger question, who are you sleeping with?" I asked her.

"Just a guy." She sighed.

"That's all we get?" Meredith frowned. "You can't just bring something like this up and expect us to drop it."

"Watch me." Cristina said before walking back over to where George and Izzie were standing by the nurses station.

"Why are you back here tonight?" Izzie asked all of us, only her and Karev having been assigned to be on call tonight. Her eyes trained on Meredith right away. "Don't you have a date with McDreamy?"

"More like McMarried." George told her.

"McWhat?" Her eyes widened.

"I came to check on Joe." Meredith said, clearly not wanting to talk about Derek or his wife anymore tonight.

"Do you think he's gonna be okay?" George asked no one in particular.

"You think he's gonna need an operation?" Cristina asked, sounding hopeful at the chance to possibly scrub in on another procedure. 

"Operation, yes. Okay, hard to tell." We all turned around to see Derek making his way over to us. "The basilar artery is blown up like a balloon, subarachnoid bleeding and an aneurysm the size of a golf ball."

"No way to clip something like that." George muttered.

"Not without magic fingers." Cristina agreed.

"Or a standstill operation." Derek told us, being more serious. 

"You're doing a standstill opera-" Cristina's eyes seemed to widen to the size of baseballs at the news. "He's doing a standstill operation."

"I'd like to try." Derek nodded. "But first I need some additional patient history, overnight labs and a cerebral angio."

"I'm drunk." Meredith said when he tried to hand Joe's chart over to her. George quickly took the chart from him, none of the rest of us reaching for it.

"McBastard." Izzie muttered under her breath as Derek walked past her. As soon as he was gone Cristina ripped the chart from George's hands, beginning to look it over.

"What are you doing?" George asked her.

"Uh, I am on her side, but we're talking a possible standstill here." Cristina reminded all of us. "Recognize."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Okay, people, assignments." Bailey called out to all of us when she entered the locker room the next morning. "Yang, you're on discharges. O'Malley, report to room E-nineteen. Grey and Watley, come see me, and who was on call last night? Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. Redo these and return them to me before lunch, understood?"

"Understood." Karev muttered as they all left for their jobs, leaving Meredith and I behind.

"Karev, don't tempt me." Bailey warned him before she looked over at Meredith and I. "Somebody's popular."