Chapter 16

QUICK REMINDER! June First is when the Fanfic Contest ends, and I have 2 entries. KEEP THEM COMING! Remember: the details can be found within this book under the chapters called "Fanfiction Contest", and "Where's the Submissions". June First, then the contest will be over, and I will announce the winners on June Third.

Jack was terrified. Caspar had him against a wall, and his goons were behind him. He had an idea as to what was about to happen, and he sure as hell didn't like it.

Caspar was sure this would work. Intimidation was the other thing he was good at, as well as kicking ass. He thought it wouldn't be too hard scaring the scrawny Irishman.

"Stay away from Mark." Caspar warned. "He's going to be mine, and I won't let you get in the way of that."

"What if I don't want to stay away?"

The blonde secretly hoped he'd say that, making him smirk.

"Then you'll need to learn not to mess with me."

Before Jack could retort, Caspar punched him in the face, Oli followed up by punching him in the ribs. Jack broke free from Caspar's grasp by sliding below his arms, and around his body.

"Joe, get him!" Caspar said.

He didn't want to, but Joe grabbed Jack by the shoulders to try and pin him against the wall again. It backfired when Jack instead pinned Joe against the wall by his shoulders, and threw a punch.

Jack missed when Joe dodged the punch, making him punch the brick wall behind him. He howled in pain from the impact, and Caspar kicked him in the abdomen, causing him to fall to the ground. Caspar, Oli, and Joe then proceeded to kick Jack while he was down. It hurt so much that Jack shut his eyes tightly, trying to get into the fetal position to possibly block some hits. He felt a warm substance drip down his face where Caspar had hit him, every inch of him burning, hoping someone or something would stop it.

"Not so tough now, are ya?" Caspar taunted.

"Hey!" Someone yelled.

The trio stopped kicking Jack, seeing someone with their phone dialing 999.

"Scram or I'll call the cops!" The man yelled.

"Let's go!" Oli said.

The three ran off into the night, leaving Jack on the ground groaning in pain. He was sure something was broken and that he was bleeding. He heard footsteps approach him, and someone ask in an American accent,

"Are you alright?"

When Jack opened his eyes, he saw a man kneeled next to him who had a scruffy beard, sandy blonde hair, blue eyes, and was wearing a Star Wars t-shirt, blue jeans, and glasses. He looked truly concerned for Jack.

"Considerin' I can't feel much else other than pain, I'm not." The Irishman answered.

The man scoffed with a smile.

"Irish and a joker. I like you already."

Jack let out a weak giggle. The man held out his hand, which Jack gladly took, pulling himself up. It hurt like hell to stand up, but it was better than laying on the sidewalk. When he straightened his back, his left side started stinging, making him hiss and hold his side in pain. He felt the man's arm wrap around his shoulders, then move Jack's arm over his shoulder.

"Come on, I'll take you to my apartment. It's just around the corner, and my wife's studying to be a nurse. She'll fix you up."

"Thanks."

The two started walking (well, Jack was limping) down the sidewalk. The young musician was thankful that someone came to his rescue. He couldn't imagine how bad it would have gotten if the assholes continued their bullying.