Chapter 5

There are certain things everyone experiences in their lifetime. Whether it be a visit to a restaurant, or emotions such as happiness, anger, or sadness. No matter how hard you try to avoid these things, you will experience them, and one of the least pleasant is pain. Pain is discomforting, and if it's enjoyable, then it isn't pain. It comes in different varieties and forms, which can be a small tingle, or an unbearable stabbing. It also varies between physical, one we think of most often, to emotional one that we seem to forget sometimes. Sometimes it's all of the above and Mark was experiencing the lesser of the two.
Mark stumbled out of the frat house aching and disoriented. That Caspar guy could really throw a punch for a trust fund baby, and had a major temper. It reminded him of a kid who got a toy taken away so they threw a tantrum. Unfortunately, that tantrum got Mark a black eye and an aching body. Halfway to his dorm, Mark fell to the ground, feeling weak. He didn't know if he would get back up at this point because of how bad he felt. All he could do was lie on the sidewalk, hoping that something would happen to make this night a little better.
Jack rode his bike down the street. His practicing at the auditorium went a little longer than he had expected, but he wanted to be the best he could for the band audition. The street lights slightly flickered dimly illuminating the streets as he rode. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw what looked like a body on the sidewalk. Not wanting to take any chances, he stopped his bike, and looked at what caught his attention. There really was someone on the ground, and not just anyone, it was Mark. He looked half conscious, and really beaten up. Was he passed out drunk? Jack dropped his bike to check on him. He shook Mark lightly.
"Mark? You okay?" He asked, hoping that he would respond.
"Obviously not, you doof." Mark playfully slurred.
Thank god, he was conscious and coherent. Jack gently turned Mark over onto his back, revealing he had a bruised jaw, and a black eye. What the hell happened to him?
The fact that Jack happened to be around made Mark feel so much better. Having a friend like Jack was nice since he was in a new school in a new place. Mark needed to get up, but the pain was so bad he couldn't even move.
"Can ya get up?"
"I don't think so."
Jack grabbed his phone out of his jacket pocket, and dialed an ambulance. If Mark was hurting enough that he couldn't move, this was worse than he thought. He told the operator where they were, and they said they'd arrive in ten minutes.
"Don't worry, buddy. They'll be here to get ya in ten minutes."
Mark gave a weak smile, but it faded when he realized that he'd have to go back to classes with that douche Caspar. He thought maybe he could file charges, but the Lee family always bailed him out whether for DUIs, or anything of that sort.
Jack had to know who the hell did this to his friend, and why. He could deduce that it was one of the jocks since they ruled the campus, but which one was harder to figure out, as well as why anyone would hurt someone as amazing as Mark.
"Who did this to ya?"
"Caspar the dickhead."
That made a smirk show on Jack's face. Even when he was beaten to a pulp, Mark was determined to make people smile. He was, after all, too pro to be taken down by someone like Caspar.
"Why?"
"He thought I was trying to steal his girlfriend, but I didn't know who she was."
Typical Caspar Lee. Caspar was known for being possessive and jealous, so it was no surprise to Jack that this made him lash out at Mark. He examined Mark closely, revealing his clothes were ripped, his right eye was bruised, choke marks around his neck, and a cut on his lip. This was horrible! This was too much.
Thankful was one of the emotions Mark was feeling. Jack was always one to help people whether he meant to or not, and for that he was thankful to have Jack as a friend. The ambulance sounds approached, followed by a vehicle stopping and opening. Mark didn't know how long it had been since Jack called 999, but he was ready to have some pain killers pumped into system now. Things started getting blurry, and soon there was blackness.
Jack desperately wanted to stay by Mark's side but knew better, allowing the paramedics to do their job. They said only family would be allowed to ride in the ambulance alongside him, which resulted in Jack having to bike to the hospital. Not that he minded too much, after al, his mind was more focused on Mark's well being than on his own.
After a ten minute bike ride and hastily locking the bike lock, Jack was able to get to the hospital when the ambulance arrived, able to see what they had done while they were driving. He stayed a commendable space away from them allowing them to continue treating Mark while also being able to watch him, making sure he was alright. Jack knew he was in good hands but you could never be sure.

Lynn
Ouh drama! Well at least super Jack was there to save Mark. To be fair though Jack did warn him in the first place, poor Mark. He really should have listened to the guys huh?
Question of the chapter- Do you think Mark's injuries are limited to only external or was it so severe maybe there's more than what meets the eye?

Becs
Yay! Jack saved the day! Mark was pretty beaten up by Caspar, though what will come of this??? Only time will tell!!
Question of the chapter-(because I'm stumped on questions) how long until Mark will be let out of the hospital?