Chapter 4

Bonds. Humans all have them. They have different relations to different people depending on certain encounters amongst them, or even past encounters with others. Some have them more than others, some are stronger, others weaker or barely existent. Simply another odd concept that we don't exactly take notice of.
Mark had finished his five classes of the day, surprisingly having survived. He made several relations even if he wasn't aware. Some being obvious like Bob, Wade, Felix, and Ken, but other ones being a little more discreet like a small moment where Mark and the professor glanced at each other when he entered his class. Mark sighed, wishing he was done with work, but sadly he had a pile of homework. He wasn't too keen on the idea of doing it in his dorm where boys would probably be doing God know's what, so he decided to head to the library.
Jack had finished with his classes, and he was going to go to Felix, Bob, Wade, and Ken, except decided against it. He didn't need to be teased again for something that wasn't true, yet somehow got under his skin easily. He looked over the small planner he had. Considering his terrible memory, he had to write things down or he would definitely forget them. He groaned at all of the homework that was written down which took up most of the space on the page. He knew he wouldn't be able to concentrate at his dorm, therefore he went to the only calm place he could think of: the library
The university wasted no expense on the establishment. It had it's own three story building, first floor being book's, second floor of several tables with comfortable chairs and ample plugs for laptops, and the top floor being a computer lab. Everything was practically new; the shelves, the freshly painted burgundy walls, even the fancy lights that had a dim glow gave a more calm atmosphere.
Mark looked around fascinated as he walked up the stairs. He got to a desk and pulled out his laptop (which was in his sister's pink case that he accidentally took instead of his own), as well as the notes he had scratched down from his classes, and got to work, pushing his glasses up every few moments as he typed away.
Jack had been to the library during his break so he had already familiarized himself with the building. Later that night, he had to practice for a metal band audition. Music, much to Jack's disliking, was not just playing though. He had music theory and history to learn. The professor said it was something about it being able to make him a better musician. He just so happened to spot a familiar head of blue hair and smiled lightly to himself. However, he quickly hid the smile because he didn't need to give the guys another reason to tease. He walked over and sat across from the boy, pulling out his laptop that was in a neon green case. He took out the music sheets he was given as well as his notes, and he too began to type away.
As expected, this didn't last too long. Mark looked up from his screen over his glasses, when he heard the boy sit down across from him. When Mark looked back to his screen, Jack looked over to him. This continued for a while until both boys locked gazes and chuckled a little.
"You have music homework? What do you have to do, make a fingering chart?" Mark mused with a grin as he kept writing.
Jack placed his hand on his chest purposefully being over dramatic.
"Actually, Mister future engineer, I have to look up music history and then type an essay due in two days. What about you? Have to pick out some angles for a bridge?" Jack retorted rolling his eyes.
"Actually, Mister future celebrity, I have to make a report revolving around each part and function in a standard motorized vehicle." Mark replied, shooting Jack's words at him.
Jack didn't have a witty comeback, so he simply pouted. Then he remembered their earlier conversation revolving around the party. Jack really did not want Mark to go. He simply had a bad feeling about it, something wasn't sitting right, especially after hearing what he had throughout the week.
"Mark about the party tonight," Jack started, "I really think it's a bad idea. I've overheard some people on this Caspar guy. There are people saying things about him going to jail and simply being bailed out by his parents. He's bad news." Any joking in Jack's voice was gone, replaced with a concerned, urgent tone.
Mark still didn't quite grasp everyone's hate for this boy. Sure, he seemed like somewhat of a douche, but was he really capable of a crime or were people simply assuming or gossiping? This fed into Mark's curiosity and want to go to the party.
"Rumors Jack, that's the key word. We don't know for sure. Plus, as I've said it before, I probably won't even run into the guy." Mark said shrugging, scratching down a calculation on his lined paper.
Jack sighed in defeat. He still wasn't fond of the fact, but knew he wouldn't be able to change Mark's opinion.
"Fine, but just try and be careful." Jack simply stated, not understanding himself why he was so concerned.
Mark was a grown man capable of making his own decisions, so why was Jack so hung up on this? If Jack knew how closed off he was in high school, he would understand why this party was a good thing for him. It was time to break out the jokes to lighten the mood.
"I will mother, I'll also be sure to tuck my shirt in and brush my teeth before I go to bed tonight." Mark said with a stupid grin and child-like lisp, typing down his last line.
Who knew an hour and a half could pass so quickly?
Jack rolled his eyes at Mark's comment. He had to hand it to the guy, he had a sense of humor. It didn't change the fact that this party was rubbing Jack the wrong way, but he wanted to play along.
"Yes dearie, be sure to kiss your mummy goodnight, too." Jack said in a high pitch British accent.
Perfect! Mark had found a friend who had a good sense of humor! Well, at least what seemed to be Mark's sense of humor. He just had to see if dick jokes were in his arsenal, then it'd be the same. Already, he was doing better socially at college than high school. He thought of this as a sign that tonight would go great!
***
Mark walked down the sidewalk. He was in relatively casual clothing, not exactly knowing what to wear since this wasn't exactly a regular scene for him. He simply assumed the party was at the house where people were yelling and music was playing. He wasn't even inside and he saw the type of people at the frat house: girls and jock-douchebags.
Meanwhile, Caspar was enjoying a few drinks with his buddies Joe and Oli. Smirnoff was the drink of kings for these parties! All around him were hot chicks, handsome guys, music blaring, and awesome drinking games. The only thing missing was that guy he picked out a few days before. He didn't quite know his name, but he was hoping this party would get him to know Caspar very well. Not once during his two months on campus did someone reject him. Granted, he only had picked up four girls, but he'd swooned plenty of guys back in South Africa. How hard could it be?
Oli was sat in a corner, and wasn't really comfortable at functions like this. Yes, Caspar was his roommate and all, but he much preferred being at his dorm studying or reading up on the latest articles regarding his classes. The problem was, Caspar was definitely the type you'd rather be friends with than enemies, especially since they were roommates. Lord only knew what would've happened if they were enemies as well as roommates.
Joe was pretty happy with himself. A beer in his hand, alcohol in his system, TWO girls' numbers, this was definitely the life. In Brighton, he couldn't even talk to girls, now he got two numbers in one night. Being friends with Caspar was honestly the best decision Joe had made that semester so far.
Mark made his way through the bodies, avoiding eye contact at all costs. He walked over to a table, surprisingly finding a bottle of water amidst the ocean of red solo cups. Being the man he was, he of course went with the water knowing alcohol would probably give him an unwanted medical reaction.
Around him, there were keg stands, men hitting on girls, horrific grinding to music, the works. Upon further inspection, he saw the man people warned him about: Caspar Lee. He was with a girl on a couch, talking. Mark, deciding to now take his friends' advice, turned away from the boy, only to run into another body in the process. A petite girl, a good three inches shorter than him with long wavy ash blonde locks, hazel eyes currently clouded by alcohol, sun-kissed skin, a curvy body, as well as a noticeable chest accentuated by a low cut top. Mark tried to be a gentlemen and ignore the obvious boobs staring right at him.
"Oh, heyyy." she slurred, valley girl accent still strong though.
Mark refrained from cringing the best he could. If that didn't give away that she was a bitch, he didn't know what would. He decided to be polite.
"Uhm, hello." He responded, and there went the improvement in social interaction.
Mark continued to talk to the girl, just barely understanding the slurred sentences she uttered.
Caspar noticed the blue mop of hair he had been looking for by the bar. He was grinning at him, until he noticed who he was talking to: his girlfriend. Yeah, Caspar was about to dump her if things went well, but did this guy not know who she was dating? Of course he had to! Everyone did! Without a word, Caspar stormed over to the two and grabbed Mark by the back of his shirt collar, throwing him back onto the ground.
This resulted in Mark getting the wind knocked out of him and grunting in pain when he made contact with the floor. Maybe going to this party truly was a mistake. This got him to think about Jack and his words; if only he had listened.
"Why are you chatting up my girlfriend!?" Caspar yelled over the music.
"Wha- no I wasn't." Mark fumbled out unsure of what exactly to say. How the hell was he supposed to know?
This guy had some real balls to try and feign ignorance in this situation. No one messed with Caspar Lee.
"Hello! She's right here!" Caspar said as he pulled the girl under his arm.
"Well, clearly she is, but I wasn't chatting her up. I simply bumped into her-."
"Bullshit!"
Caspar immediately kicked Mark in the ribs and tackled him. He was letting all his drunken rage out on him, pelting Mark with three very hard punches.
Mark didn't intend on fighting back, but quickly realized it might cost him his life if he didn't act. The guy could punch hard, and he was sure there would be bruises. He blocked one of Caspar's punches with his left, and pushed him back with his right, about to bolt out of the place when a hand grabbed him by his hair.
Caspar threw him down and put him in a chokehold, making sure his arm was tight around Mark's neck. He didn't want to give the motherfucker any mercy.
Oli noticed the group of people yelling in one of the nearby areas, and was quick to run to the commotion. He had a feeling that Caspar was at it with someone again. Sure enough, he peered over the crowd to see Caspar with someone in a chokehold. This time, Oli had to stop it because the guy's face looked red, and as if he were about to pass out.
"Caspar, STOP!" Oli yelled as he pushed through the crowd to the fight itself.
Caspar was pried away from his tussle with Mark by a strong person, and would've punched whoever had him if he hadn't realized it was Oli. Caspar shook Oli off of him, and looked down at Mark.
Mark, who was taking in deep breaths cherishing each one like it was his last, was a mess. His hair tousled, glasses crooked and cracked, and face redder than an embarrassed lobster. He looked around to see the crowd looking down on him, and had even more trouble breathing as he recovered. He didn't wait for anyone to help him up or ask if he was okay. He bolted out of there, pushing himself through people and out the door way as fast as he possibly could. His throat felt like it was burning from the damned choke-hold Caspar pulled, his rib cage felt like it was being stabbed, and he was just aching all over. The interesting part was how the hell he was going to get back to his dorm.

Lynn
I'm back, bet you missed me? No? Alright then. This one was by far one of the more intense and fun chapters to write, fight scene especially. I don't want to go off and ramble too long so let us get to this question shall we?
My question of the chapter is- How do you think Caspar will try to get Mark after this fiasco?

Becs
Lynn is 100% correct on how simultaneously fun and intense this chapter was. As you know, I write the British Vloggers, and she writes the gamers, so it was a game of 'tag' in the sense of how we wrote it.
Question of the chapter-Who will swoop in and save Mark?