Chapter 2

Humans tend to plan life a certain way. In stages, levels, steps, or whatever you'd prefer to call them. They all know them in their subconscious since it's drilled into them: birth, first steps, first words, first day of school, first recreational activity, elementary graduation, first day at high school, high school graduation, and the step Mark was at now was his first day at university. The funny thing was, it didn't matter how you were or where you were from. As humans, they knew they all had these steps and stages that got ingrained into their brains from a young age. Granted, Mark was only near the middle, but the past 20 years of his life had lead him to this point, right here in front of the classroom that would have at least over a hundred students and a teacher who will simple identify him by his student number. The place where he will learn everything for the career he will most like follow for at least forty to fifty years before he either retires or dies.
He pushed the door open, five minutes early to class. Some students were already seated and whispering among themselves, and the professor was preparing his lesson at front. Mark went to a relatively empty area and sat alone waiting. Let's state the obvious: the only person he somewhat knew was Jack, and he wasn't in the engineering program, therefore he knew nobody in the class, but not that he minded.
Apparently though they did mind not knowing who he was, and this resulted in the group slowly shifting in his direction, whispering and looking over their shoulders to look at him every now and then. Mark was grateful none of them actually approached him and as soon as the bell went off, people scurried to their seats, beginning to pay attention to the professor. Considering most of the students were all paying thousands of dollars to simply listen to the monotone professor and learn from it, it was quite ludicrous in Mark's eyes.
Jack was happy that Mark was in the same year as him. He was really eager to make a new friend in his first year at university, and have someone to talk to. On top of that, it seemed no one else on campus though the dyed fringe thing was cool, but Mark seemed to think so. Most of class was just introductions and the classic "rules of the class" speech. Nothing really important came of it except that he overheard a girl gossip about that guy who stopped them during the tour.
The first class of the day ended and Mark was quick to leave the building. Since he had fifteen minutes before his second class of the day, he decided to stop by the fountain and take in the scenery a little. As he was looking about, a familiar head of faded green hair came into view and subconsciously, he smiled. It would be nice to see a familiar face.
He walked over to find Jack in a group with around four other boys. There were two really tall males, the taller standing at around a 6'2, one was skinny wearing a red t-shirt with jeans, had short light brown hair with matching eyes, and stubble on his jaw. The other tall man was only an inch shorter than the other, had a little less hair than the other in a darker shade of brown with eyes to match as well that were behind thick glasses, and was wearing a blue t-shirt. Next to him was someone closer to Jack's height, he had long dirty blond hair, blue eyes similar to Jack's, had a beard, and was around 5'10 if Mark had to guess. He wore a white t-shirt with khakis as well as a scarf. Finally, next to the blonde once again, a taller male who had black hair, and a hefty beard who was two to three inches taller than Jack, and was wearing a bear hat with paws. Mark walked over to the group, but was about to walk away, not too sure about the crowd.
Jack was talking with the guys when he spotted Mark. His face lit up causing the group to look over. It was nice to see him again. Jack was quite excited and eager to introduce Mark to his friends and vice versa.
The group saw the boy, and judging by Jack's expression, they assumed it was the Mark fellow Jack had been talking about non-stop since last evening.
Jack quickly grabbed Mark by the arm, taking him by surprise, and pulled him over to his friends.
"Mark, these are some of the upper-classmen I mentioned yesterday." Jack said enthusiastically.
"Hiya Mark, Jack wouldn't stop talking about you, so we know you already. My name's Felix I'm a kinestheology student." the dirty blonde Swede in khakis introduced.
Mark blushed lightly. Jack wouldn't stop talking about him? That was a mixture of embarrassing and slightly flattering at the same time.
Jack internally face palmed at the Swede's opening sentence. Felix really needed to shut his trap about things like this, although he seemed shameless in everything he did.
"Wade, I'm in general technology studies." The tallest of the group continued.
"Bob, I'm in the teacher's college program." The one with glasses said.
"Ken, I work the radio station sometimes, and I'm here for the culinary program." The man with the bear hat spoke up.
Mark was pleased there were at least three other americans on campus.
"Excuse me." A nervous young British voice said.
The group turned over to face the voice, most of them not knowing what to say. It was a young teenager was slightly tan skin, brown eyes, a brown fringe, a nebula sweatshirt, black skinny jeans, and a messenger bag.
"Yes?" Jack was the first to speak, of course.
The young boy was nervous, and he was sure everyone could tell. He cleared his throat,
Making sure he wouldn't mumble like he usually did. Problem was, when he was articulate, people in secondary and primary school said he sounded like Winnie the Pooh.
"I'm looking for the..." He took a moment to look at his paper, "theatrical arts building. Do you know where I could find it?"
The group looked between each other. Since Jack was new, like Mark, they both didn't have answers. The poor guy, he looked nervous as hell.
"Yeah I do, it's right next to the library. Would you like me to lead you there?" Bob was the one to speak up.
"Um... Yeah." He said meekly.
"Hey, I'll see you guys later." he said to the others, motioning for the english boy to follow him as he started to walk away.
"I'm Dan, by the way, Dan Howell." The boy said.
"Why hello Dan. I'm Bob, Bob Muyskerm."
After a few moments of silence, Felix spoke to break the awkwardness.
"Can you believe the little trust-fund baby is hosting another one of his stupid parties?" Felix asked, disgust clear in his tone.
Mark was curious as to who he meant by 'trust-fund baby'. Connecting the dots, it was most likely the boy who had stopped the tour the day before.
Jack too was clueless to who Felix was referring to. There was some guy who invited everyone to a party yesterday, but he didn't want to jump to conclusions.
Ken caught onto their confusion. They needed to know sooner rather than later.
"Trust-fund baby is this business student named Caspar Lee," Ken explained, "He's the school's playboy who gets whoever he wants into bed with him by partying away since, unlike the rest of us, he isn't crippled by student tuition fees. His parents pay them off, so basically he's a spoiled brat."
Did that mean Caspar wanted Mark or Jack? When he said "especially you" yesterday, he looked in their general direction.
Felix saw the two boys go into thought and shook his head. Great, Caspar had already talked to them about this party he was planning.
"He already made an appearance. I'm going to assume you've been wondering wether to go or not. Let me make this easier for you: do not go! Avoid that guy like the plague." Felix informed the two.
Jack decided to take Felix's word for it and knew for sure he wouldn't be going. If Felix was right, this Caspar guy was nothing but trouble. Plus, he acted all douchey and self involved just from inviting them yesterday.
Mark on the other hand was still curious. How bad could this Caspar guy really be? He still needed to meet new peers, and what better way to do that than at a party?
"I think I'm going to go," Mark said, "I mean, it's not like he'll be the only one there. I highly doubt I'll even see him."
"We don't control you Mark, so by all means do as you wish, but we did warn you, don't forget that." Felix said.
He wasn't angry, but he didn't want Mark to come crying to them if something happened.
Mark checked the time on his watch and realized he had literally two minutes until his next class. The stupid rule of college: if you don't come on time the first day, you're out of the class.
"I've gotta go, I'll talk to you guys later." Mark said hurriedly.
"Bye!" Jack said as Mark ran off.
When he turned back to Felix, he noticed a stupid, mischievous grin on his face.
"What?" He asked.
"You know what." Felix teased.
"I don't think he does." Ken said.
He was insanely confused.
"Spit it out, you stupid!" Jack insisted.
"You like him!" Felix excitedly said.
Jack was taken aback by that. Jack, like Mark? Felix and Wade had been on Tumblr too much, man. They had only known each other for not even two days.
"No, I don't!"
"You won't stop talking about him. Explain that." Wade said.
Felix and the others were just teasing, but boy did Jack look redder than a baboon's butt. That made it worth it.
"Shut the fuck up! You don't know me well enough to say that!"
Wade started laughing. Jack fell for it way too easily.
"We're just joking, man! Chill out." He said.
Jack scoffed. Typical Wade, Felix, and Ken.
"Shut up, Wade." Jack said.

Becs
The second chapter! Yay!!! This was a little harder considering I had to write Dan's part and Lynn had to come up with responses at the same time, but it's still cool :)
Question of the day-If Caspar's here, who else do you think will be?

Lynn
Aye would you look at that the second chapter! Ain't it beautiful? Hope you guys are enjoying it so far since I've really enjoyed writing it so far. Alright, alright question time.
My question for this chapter is- What do you think will happen at the party?