Bucky Fluff

To celebrate 9k reads I'm giving you some Bucky because, let's be honest. We're all here for Steve, and Bucky is like icing on the cake.

(We're a few dozen reads away from 9k, so I'm counting it."

Also I posted some Loki a few days ago, so #youonlywritebookslikethisonwattpad #whatthehellletsjustdothis

ANYWAYS BIG NEWS, YOU KNOW THAT TONY'S DAUGHTER THING? WELL ITS BECOMING IT'S OWN STORY NOW AND IT'LL BE UP AND RUNNING IN A FEW DAYS!! The author's note is out so go on and read it!

BUCKY CUTENESS. This is super short but it's just a little something to brighten your morning and crush your heart because you can't wake up with Bucky like this.

Okay maybe there is a bit of angst.

I felt my eyes flicker open, and I groaned quietly, squeezing them shut. I was not ready for the day yet. I nestled a little closer to his body, my face resting against his chest. His right arm was lightly draped across my back, one of my arms draped across his bare chest.

He rarely let me on his left hand side, he was too afraid that he would have a nightmare and wake up with his metal hand crushing my throat. I wasn't afraid of him, I wasn't afraid of his metal arm or the dangerous edge in the back of his mind.

I loved him so much that I would rather die than be without him, which might just happen. Bucky's world was dangerous, but he was well worth it. It'd been 2 years since I had met him in a cafe in Brooklyn.

I'd found a poor broken man there, and ever since I'd slowly helped return him to a happy state. I would never forget those sad, haunted eyes. I hadn't seen those eyes since I had met him. And whenever he was with me he seemed to light up.

"Did I wake you up?" Came his quiet throaty voice, his body shifting slightly closer to mine.

"No, it was the damn sun," I muttered, nuzzling my face into his chest. He chuckled, his arm shifting to hold me closer.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked quietly, opening my eyes to watch his chest rise and fall.

"I'm not sure," he tried to avoid his answer, and I moved a little to stare him in the eyes.

"Buck," I said sternly, propping myself up against his chest.

He sighed, "Somewhere around three in the morning."

I glanced at the nearest clock. "Bucky, it's seven. You've been up for four hours? You could've woken me up you know."

"I wanted to let you sleep,"

"Buck, it's a Saturday, I wouldn't have minded." I looked into his eyes, mine insistent.

He looked back into mine, his hand tracing soft circles onto my back. I could feel the warmth of his skin through my t-shirt, and my legs were tangled up in his.

"I don't want you to have to sit and stew alone for hours, just so I can sleep." I murmured, his hand on my lower back effecting my ability to think properly.

His eyes brightened infinitesimally, a smirk alighting his face. "Well you also get really grumpy when you're tired and-"

"Oh shut up James." I rolled my eyes, pushing away from him to the edge of the bed. I disentangled myself despite his protests, laying rigidly on my side. I was more than a little upset, I knew that he stayed up alone often, not wanting him to bother me. I had been trying to get him to open up and just let me sit with him during those nights.