"I Want To Meet Peggy."

IDC WHAT ROLE CHRIS IS IN OR IF HE's BEING HIMSELF HE'S ADORABLEAlso this is just a fun little fluffy story at least it's mostly fluffy with a little angst

Also this is just a fun little fluffy story at least it's mostly fluffy with a little angst. Enjoy.

[A/N]

"Steve... I don't know how to ask this," I fumbled with the bag I was packing for the mission we were leaving on in an hour. He was beside me, gathering his own things from the locker room. He stopped, put down his bag, and gave me his full attention for the moment.

"What is it?" He asked, giving me the look he always did when I was nervous around him. It was the I-love-you-so-much-so-stop-worrying face. I hesitated, not certain how to ask this. I decided to just go for it.

"I want to meet Peggy," I blurted out, wincing. I had no idea how he'd react to me wanting to meet his old war sweetheart from 70 years ago. I guess it was kind've odd, shouldn't I be jealous of her? But to me it seemed that Peggy was a part of his life, he was always going to miss that possibility of a life with her. So why should I be jealous?

Who was I to demand that he try to completely forget her? Who was I to demand that he never visit her in her last years of life? Who was I to demand that he pretend he cared nothing for her? I understood that Peggy inspired something in him that I never would. She was different, and he would always love her, even if he loved me so much more.