You Know What Rogers?

Wow 2 updates in one day, *claps myself on the back*

Enjoy this little one shot. It's a bit random but oh well, it's fun.

I was happily sitting in my room reading Harry Potter, in spite of the flu that had decided to bother me in the last few days. I had the blankets over my head and the lights turned out, I was basically wrapped in a warm comfy cocoon of happiness. I was holed up here, trying to avoid getting an Avengers assignment while I was sick.

The day was going fine, and it was around 9pm on a Friday night. I assumed that everyone was out with their families/friends, and I was probably the only one in the tower right now. I considered leaving my cocoon to go find something to eat.

And then I heard a knock on my door. I guessed that killed the solitary tower time. I groaned, and tried to escape my blankets.

"Makenna?" His voice was muffled from the other side of the door, but there was no mistaking it. I suddenly grew a lot more eager to fling the door open, because now instead of moping around the tower alone, I could spend time with my boyfriend Steve. I thought he'd been on a mission, and the desperation to see him after a week allowed me to finally break out of my constricting cocoon of blankets.

"Steve!" I yelled excitedly as I opened the door. I practically tackled him, wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. He stumbled back a few feet laughing, and then his arms were around me. I buried my face in his shoulder, and breathed out a long sigh of relief. That mission had been one of the longest operations he'd been on without me in several years.

Ever since he'd woken up from the ice, I'd been his regular partner at SHIELD. We trained together, went on missions together, and basically did everything together. At first we'd just been the best of friends, and then I'd made the first move, and we'd been dating for 2 years. Whenever one of us went on the occasional mission without the other, I got extremely worried and anxious.

"Yes?" He asked, and I could hear the smile in his voice. I let out a relieved laugh, hugging him tighter, refusing to let go. I always wrapped my hands around his neck, or his waist. He was way too ripped for my arms to wrap around him any other way.

"I missed you so much." I spoke into his shoulder, too glad to have him back to say much else. I absolutely refused to pull away from his arms, more than content to stay there. My whole mind felt completely messed up whenever I didn't have him with me.

"Believe me, I missed you too." Was his tender response. He pulled his hands away from my shoulders, and moved them to my lower back. He looked into my eyes for a brief moment before indulging himself with a slow, sincere kiss.

When he pressed his lips to mine I automatically tightened my arms around his neck. His lips weren't urgent, they were gentle, and his body was relaxed. I knew that (sadly) this wasn't going to turn into one of our heated make out sessions. Too bad, I would've enjoyed that.

He pulled away after a minute or two, and he had a semi-impish grin splayed across his lips. He looked somewhat sheepish.

"Would you be interested in a movie night?" He asked, smiling down at me. I couldn't refuse him anything when he was wearing those turquoise puppy dog eyes.

"I'm interested in anything to do with you." I teased, smiling brightly up at him. I slipped down and out of his arms but snatched one of his hands to tow him behind me while I hunted around the kitchen and in the movie cabinet. Eventually I settled on making us popcorn, stealing candy from one of the candy cabinets, and watching Jurassic Park, which Steve still hadn't seen.

"Is this anywhere near as good as Star Wars?" He asked skeptically. That was the first thing we'd watched together, Every. Single. Star Wars. Film.  All of them in a marathon. And he was obsessed.

"In my highly esteemed opinion it is." I replied somewhat sarcastically, the movie was amazing, but my opinion was not exactly highly esteemed by all. Only Steve Rogers really cared about what I thought in most matters.

"I'll take your word for it." He simply pulled me into a brief side hug, and kissed the top of my forehead, knowing full well how random I could be, and that the movie might just be weird. He continued carrying our pile of snacks in his other arm until he pulled away, and dispersed the snacks into his arms evenly.

"That's always a wise thing, Rogers." I felt my pulse quicken and skip a few beats at his casual touch. It was odd how I could share a simple sweet kiss with him and remain unfazed, yet I was easily affected by much more casual contact. We walked to my room, because I preferred to watch in private, so if any of our team mates came home they wouldn't find us sitting on the couch in plain sight.

Besides, it was somewhere around 9:30, and the movie was pretty long. I didn't know how late we would manage to stay awake.

I wanted to sit and cuddle with him during the movie, and I was secretly hoping we'd fall asleep together. I often found nightmares plaguing my sleep, but somehow on the few nights I convinced him to stay with me, just his comforting arms helped me get a good night's sleep. Plus he was like a giant teddy bear.

Who wouldn't want to cuddle with their super soldier boyfriend after not seeing them for a week and fearing they were going to die the entire time?

I closed my door behind us, certain that no one would come in if it was shut, and quickly proceeded to get the movie ready. I started to hum the Jurassic Park theme song, and Steve eyed me suspiciously.

"You've shown me the music before, haven't you?" He asked with a wary look.

"I guess I can give you a pass for not getting good music, grandpa."

"You know what, Evans?" He raised an eyebrow at me, so I stuck my tongue out at him.

"What, Rogers?" I sassed back, climbing onto the bed and straight into his arms.

"You of all people know that I'm not much of a fossil." Steve eyed me slyly, a small a smirk playing on his lips.

"I'm sorry, but did I just hear you make a sex joke?" I asked with an eyebrow raised, that was not a normal occurrence.

"I guess I can give you a pass for not knowing innuendoes," he mimicked.

"You know what, Rogers?"