Almost There

Lets all take a moment and look at the tan lines on his legs.

*Dies*

*********************************

For once everyone at school noticed the swim club. There was a banner wishing us luck and everything. It had been a couple days since we found out we were going to nationals and everyone seemed to know. It was amazing but Kou had us practicing like crazy after school.

"Alright you guys can head home now!" Kou blew her whistle signaling that practice was done and I crawled out of the pool. I was 5pm on a school night and I was so tired. Since the guys are going for relay they didn't have to swim the whole practice like I did.

I lied on the ground and caught my breath as everyone got changed. I closed my eyes and debated whether I should sleep on the pavement or not but I heard someone sat next to me and laugh.

I opened one eye and looked over to see Makoto.

"You should get out of that wet swimsuit so you don't get a cold." He smiled and I pouted.

"I'm too tired and my body is so sore." I closed my eyes again and I felt him wrap a towel around me and he picked me up. He carried me into the locker room and set me down on a bench. I opened my eyes and stared at him.

"What? Do you need help changing too?" He crossed his arms and laughed slightly.

I blushed and pushed him out of the locker room. "I'll be ready in a second."

After I changed into my clothes, I grabbed my bag and walked out of the ocker room to him.

"I'm ready to go home."I smiled and he took my school bag from me.

"I'll carry this for you." He happily said with a Makoto smile.

We walked home in silence and I smiled at the peace I felt. Since school was almost over, we were getting a lot of school work and training was a lot. We finally made it to my house and I unlocked the door.

"Thank you for walking me home Mako~" I kissed his cheek and took my bag from him and he smiled.

"Get rested up well, we leave for nationals tomorrow." He gave me a long hug and I nodded.

After he left, I fed (Fish Name). (#waru)
Then I ate really quickly and got in bed.

********TIMESKIP***********
My alarm went off and I jumped out of bed. Today we leave for nationals! I started to pack for the next two days since we had to stay in a hotel over night and I packed my swimming stuff. Then I walked into the kitchen and made myself a nice big breakfast. As I was eating, I got a text from the group chat.

Kou- Hey everyone! Eat healthy and be ready, I'm going to pick everyone up soon.

I quickly texted back saying I was ready then I finished my breakfast and started to clean up.

Finally I was completely ready to go. I sat on my couch waiting to go when the door bell rang.  I ran over and quickly opened it.

"Hey Mak-" I stopped in mid sentence and saw that it wasn't Makoto.

The mailman laughed and handed me a package.

"Thought someone else was here? And can you please sign for this package?" He held out a pen and paper and I quickly nodded and signed for the package.

After he left, I slowly closed the door and looked all over the package looking for a clue of where it came from. Finally I gave up and got the scissors to cut the tape off the box.