Dive In

Life had been flying by lately. Lots of training and hanging out with friends.

But finally the day had come.

Prelims.

I woke up early in the morning and threw my hair into a ponytail since I would be swimming later. Then I changed into my yellow club shirt and zipped my club jacket up. I put on some sweat pants with it and packed my swimming bag. I went in the kitchen and quickly fed (Fish Name). (Comment what you named the fish, I named it #waru)

I walked toward the door and slipped my shoes on and sat on the steps waiting for the door.

Makoto was coming to get me before we met the rest of the team at the school. My stomach was nervous with butterfly's and I smiled.

I have a feeling that we're going to make it to nationals this time. I smiled and heard a knock on my door.

I swung the door open and tackled Makoto.

We both fell on the ground and I landed on top of him,"I'm so excited!!"

He laughed and hugged me while we were on the ground, "I am too, we should get going to the school."

I nodded and jumped up and locked my house door then we headed to the school.

On the way, I couldn't stop think about how many people I'd get to see swim today. And I was especially excited for my backstroke race. Even though I couldn't swim backstroke at first, I've been practicing a lot and I wanna show Makoto my new skills.

We finally made it and saw Kou standing by the pool focused on her clip board. She looked up, "ok! Everyone is now here! Let's get going!!!!" She ran to the van and jumped in and I laughed and did the same.

We all gathered in the car started to drive.

****TIMESKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY RINS CONFESSION****

Finally we arrived at the place and I hurried out of the van with my bag and impatiently jumped up and down.

Kou got out and started handing us papers. She handed me mine and I looked down.

Women's Swim Order
1.) 50 Freestyle
2.) 100 Freestyle
.....
.....
.....
(The list is long but you got the idea)

I reviewed my list and saw I was swimming in one of the first women's events.

We headed into the building and I separated from the group and went to the locker rooms.

I found a locker and slipped my clothes off. I then put my competition suit on and but my hair in my swimming cap. I grabbed my goggles and locked my locker up and headed to the warm up pool. After I stretched, I swam for 15 minutes till I felt ready to go. I heard the bell to signal that my event was next and I headed toward the line up.

I was in swimming heat 3 for this event so I watched all the first 2 heats go till it was my turn. I confidently walked up to the starting block and stepped up.

"On your mark." The announcer said and I got in position to dive.

I heard the beep to signal the race starting and I dove in.

Perfect dive.

The water happily separated for my body to dive. As soon as I was in, I kicked my legs and swam as fast as I could.

This is what Haru must feel like all the time, free.

I reached the wall and quickly turned off it and I let my body resurface to swim again. I could see the ending and I was almost there. I increased my speed and reached farther with every stroke till I slammed my hand on the wall.