Not an Update

Hey guys. I know I haven't written anything in this story in literally forever, and for that I apologize. I know I should explain myself. I don't owe you guys every detail of my personal life, but to summarize, here are a few things that I've been dealing with over the past year:

I got into the college of my dreams, and once I got there, I was overwhelmed by how much work I had, how hard it was to make friends, and my general inability to befriend anyone. I couldn't get help on my work, because I had no one to talk to. I was struggling, and I put all of my time into trying to get my grades up.

But, despite how much I tried to get my grades up, I got a boyfriend. A long distance boyfriend who ended up taking a majority of my time and attention. And yes, I loved him dearly, and we dated for the better half of a year, but we broke up due to complications; he realized he had a lot of emotional problems and couldn't come to terms with his insecurities, and I realized that I had to focus on my immediate life and school before I could allow myself to have a boyfriend.

I've had a lot of family issues. I don't speak to half of my family anymore because their views are so right wing that I can't even listen to them. They're radical conservatives, and while I don't really participate in politics much, I find myself on a moderate-liberal perspective. Just some of the things they say really drive me up a wall.

My sister passed away this spring. It was a low blow,  because I still have yet to get over my grandfather passing away three years ago. My grandfather was the biggest supporter of my writing, and he often encouraged me to come to his house on the weekends and read him and his wife, my grandmother, my work. My sister was another supporter of me. We didn't get along much, there were a lot of personal differences, but overall she loved to have fun and I don't think I'll ever quite be over the deaths that I have dealt with. 

My love of writing has not dwindled in any way. I still love to write. I have just lost the ability to. It has been a long road for me, coming to terms with the things that have happened to me - both good and bad - and I don't know what I want anymore. I have updated this story because this is one of the first stories that I had on Wattpad to actually get a lot of interest within the community. I know 30,000 reads isn't anywhere near the big leagues, but it's enough that I want to continue it for you. I have removed most of my older works off of my page, because I don't think they represent who I am as a writer anymore, and I hope that you'll understand and agree that I want to go in a more mature direction, and put some more of my new work on Wattpad. Yes, I have new work. No, it isn't polished by any means. I just want to continue giving you guys a reason to open up the Wattpad website (or app, if you have it on your phone like I do) and giving you guys a good book to read, even if it's a short chapter.

So, with that being said, I need to give you my updated plans for this book. I do have a game plan. I want to start by telling you that this book is still on hold for the foreseeable future, but that's just until I finish editing what I have posted so far. I've read through this story a few times, and I've even shown it to a friend or two (I have literally shown this book to two people I am close with, that's how self conscious of my work I am) and they say they love it, but it could be better. They say it's clearly my writing, but they have seen a lot more of my work recently that seems more evolved, more mature, and I agree. I'm going to be updating everything from chapter one to the last chapter I've posted, and then I'm going to be editing and posting the rest of what I've written (yes, I had the entire ending written and ready to be posted, but now that I look at it, I want to fix and change some things). I want to rework a lot of the story. Some things I wrote a year or two ago don't make sense now. Some plot points at the start don't line up with the ending I have laid out, and I want it all to be cohesive. Honestly, I don't know if I'll recognize the full story once I'm done editing, but don't let that scare you. No, I don't want to change the heart of the story. I want to keep the main plot lines the same, I just want to change the presentation. Spice it up!

I've even thought about changing the title, honestly. I think that at the time I started writing this, it worked, and everything I wrote worked, but now I don't think I really like it anymore, and I don't think it mashes well with the image I'm going for. I hope you guys understand, and I hope you stick with this story until the end, because I promise this time that I will give you guys an ending. I will wrap this story up and tie it off with a bow and give it to all of you. I hope you will allow me to make this story better than we ever thought it could be, because I want it to live up to your expectations.

I'll begin editing it either today or tomorrow, based on my work schedule (yes, I scored a job for the summer!) and we'll work from there. Thank you guys so much. 

xoxo

P.S. I've updated the story's blurb (aka the description that you click on that tells you a bit about the story and pulls you in) and I hope you check it out! Tell me if you guys like it better than the original!