XIII. N

Well, as promised, here's the next chapter! It wasn't too long on MW, so I know it won't be really long, but bear with me! The really good chapters are coming up! 

Thanks for sticking with my guys, I really appreciate it. Well, onto the story!!

_______________________________________

Harper sat on the worn out couch, her last two hours firmly spent reading the book in her hands. She had found more information on mates, and even some stuff on fertiles, but she couldn't really draw many conclusions from it. Most of the writings were journal entries from an old mateless she-wolf, so it was hard to tell how much she could actually know about mates. The worn out papery smell of the book had Harper's nose wrinkling in distaste, as well. She took a deep breath though, knowing she could still smell Bryson's lingering scent from when he was there earlier in the day. 

She had finished eating with Adam, and, complaining of him annoying her, had shooed him out of her house. She was itching to read more, but even two hours later, she couldn't see why she wanted to read the old book so badly. There was literally no information she thought would help her and Bryson figure out what was going on with them. 

'I mean, it's not like I mind that we're mates. Honestly, I could care less knowing if I just got to be with him. But if whatever is going on affects us being together, then I want to know.' She huffed in annoyance, knowing she was getting nowhere, and set the book on the table.

She got up and headed to her room, intent on doing some laundry. God knows she hadn't bothered to do it in over a week, she was surprised she had any clean clothes left. She discreetly lifted the hem of her faded blue t-shirt to her nose and inhaled, catching the scent of the lunch she and Adam ate, some other unpleasant smells, and of course, Bryson. She could still smell him everywhere. It made her wolf go stir crazy. She wanted to run to him and sniff him and kiss him and hug him and do.. other things to him. But she knew she couldn't. She knew Adam sent her mate away for a reason, and it was probably really important. 

'Still,' she thought to herself, 'it couldn't hurt to just.. pop in and say hi.' 

Harper grinned to herself, and grabbed a random t-shirt from her closet before pulling her own ratty one off and switching them. She walked out of her room, her laundry forgotten, as she thought about what she'd do when she saw Bryson.

____

"Dad, I understand what you're saying, but you honestly don't know the half of it," Bryson muttered, leaning against the wall inhis office. He listened, annoyed, to his father on the other line of the phone.

"Bryson, I'm not going to say I don't approve, because of course I do, but come on, you can't blame me for asking if you two are intimate! I need to know these things! If you are, it means I have to run home even faster to get this alpha transition taken care of. You have to wait, Bryson. I know that it's hard, you've made that point clear, but there's no reason other than your other brain as to why you can't keep your paws off of your mate. Well, I don't think I could keep mine off your mom, if you know what I mean," his dad said and chuckled. Bryson groaned.

"Dad, come on. I do not need to know about you and mom's sex life. Gross. I want to be able to have my own without thinking of those particular mental scars you almost gave me."

His dad's laugh boomed through the phone. "Well, Bry, just know that me and your mom approve. I mean, what you've told me about her and Jason worries me, becase Jason's always been a bit of a troublemaker, and the fact that she didn't get pregnant is strange. But if I had to make a guess, I would say it was her wolf's way of accepting you as her mate. It shut down for all other males so she can be fully yours. I haven't met her as your mate, so I haven't seen it yet, but I'm sure that has to be it. She and her wolf already love you, Bry, and I know how you feel about them, as well. So if you can just be patient until I get back, I'm sure that it will all be fine."