X. N

So that's THREE uploads in one day! I'm proud of myself! I hope this comes out good, because it sounded alright in my head, but I don't know how you guys think it will go. So be prepared!

____________________________________________

Harper was on her couch, her body flaming, soft, painful groans coming from her throat, when her door burst open. She didn't bother look up, because movement was painful, and she didn't want to test the waters, but she smelled his scent and knew he was the one who came in. Bryson. She smelled something different on him, but she didn't know what it was. She heard him rush over to her and stop at the front of the couch. She felt a hand, warm but cooler than her own body, come down on her forehead, and heard him sigh.

"Harper?" Bryson asked, his voice sounding far away. She turned her head, and when he put his hands on her face, she felt some of the fire drain away, replaced with the want in her body. She shook her head. She didn't want to do this. She felt this pain, but she didn't want Bryson here, making her hurt worse.

The fire in her started to die away slowly, and Harper guessed it was because Bryson was here. She sat up, groaning, and felt a stab in her brain, the start of a bad headache. She looked at Bryson out of the corner of her eye, and he looked horrible. His clothes were rumpled, his hair was in disarray, and his cheeks were flushed.  "What happened to you?" she asked, her voice flat.

He flinched and hesitated before answering. "I had this dream.. and it.. I just felt hot all of a sudden, and I.. I was worried." He wouldn't hold her eyes.

"About me? Why?" she asked, hurt and venom in her voice. Harper's head hurt, and her arms were sore. Her wolf was silently howling inside, angry that Harper was acting so rude to her mate. But Harper didn't care. Bryson had already shamed her by rejecting her, he dseserved no respect.

"Because Harper, I felt your pain in my head. And it hurt, a lot, okay?" Bryson said, putting his hand on her wrist. The spot where their skin met flamed, and Harper sucked in a breath. Bryson's eyes widened, and she looked away.

"Well, I'm fine, so you can leave," she whispered, wishing he'd just leave. Bryson sighed and dropped his hand, and her wrist felt cold.

Bryson went to stand, and Harper's arms suddenly went around herself, the flaming pain returning. She moaned in pain and curled against the back of the couch. Bryson was back in an instant, holding her. Everywhere he touched, her skin tingled. The burning pain turned into burning want, and Harper squeezed her eyes shut, breathing hard. She heard Bryson's heartbeat, steady and calm. She felt his warmth, and he felt overheated as well.

"Harper... what did you dream about?" Bryson asked, his mouth at her ear.

"I-I was a girl.." she started, and broke off. "I was a girl and t-this boy came and h-he... oh god it was y-you.." she said, shaking. Harper was ashamed that she told him, but her wolf was forcing it out of her. She felt he needed to know.

"I had.. I had the same dream," he replied, and his arms tightened around her.

Harper moved before she could think, the heat and her wolf in control of her brain, and she sat forward and kissed his neck. He stiffened, and his heart suttered a beat before calming down. Her lips stayed put on his neck, but she whispered, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that."

Harper moved to back away, but Bryson gripped her shoulders. He sighed. "You feel it too, right? This fire?" She nodded. "I can't believe I'm saying this right now. But I want you so bad. This heat isn't helping me want to keep mine or your clothes on." Harper gasped but said nothing.

Bryson looked into her eyes, waiting for a response, but she didn't reply. He groaned in frustration and brought his hand behind her head, twining it in her hair, and pulled her to his lips.

Suddenly, they weren't feeling their own fires, they were fueling each other's. Bryson's hands got lost in Harper's hair, and Harper grabbed his shirt and pulled him closer. She felt that stab again in her heart, but it was need. The need to be with him, physically, now.

She could tell he felt the same way, and when she pulled him closer and let her hands roam under his shirt, he didn't complain. His hands left her hair and found the hem of her tank top, and tugged on it before pulling it up over her body, breaking their battling lips to pull it over her head. It got tossed somewhere behind the couch, but Harper didn't care. She looked at his shirt, and he pulled it off as well. She grabber him again and pulled him back to her, her body aching for him. Bryson growled as she kissed him, and he held her as he kissed down her neck, licking the spot where he should mark her.

It was like a bucket of icy cold water had been dumped on Harper. She pushed him away forcefully, and tried to get her breathing normal. "W-why are you doing this, Bryson?" she asked, afraid of his answer.

"I can't help what I'm feeling right now, and neither can you. I wanted to see if you were okay, and now you are, but I can't leave. I just can't when you smell so good right now," Bryson said and tried to pull her back to him, but Harper backed away from his grasp.

"No, I mean why are you being like this? You rejected me. That means no contact. I don't even exist to you," she said fiercely. "And.. I don't want to be hurt like that again." She whispered the last part, looking at the ground. She felt Bryson's hand touch her cheek, and she looked up at him.

"Harper... please. Just.. let me help right now. I need this pain we're both feeling to go away. I don't want to hurt you.." he murmured, his eyes pleading. She saw his emotions play out in his eyes, fear, desire, pain, resignation. But Harper stopped paying attention after she saw the desire cross his face. Her body was burning for him, and they both knew it. He leaned into her again, and she didn't protest.

He kissed her softly this time, but Harper was burning too much to keep it gentle. She threw her arms around her neck and pulled him close, her tongue slipping between his lips. He groaned into her mouth and fell back so he was lying on the couch and she was sitting on top of him. Harper grinned at this position and brought her mouth down to his neck, licking the spot where she would mark him. Bryson's hands wandered to her waist, holding her there, and she moved her lips to his ear, whispering in his ear.

"You know, if you want me so bad, why are you just sitting here?" she said silkily, biting his ear gently. Bryson groaned in response and his hands tightened on her hips before moving up her stomach, causing tingles to flare all over Harper's body. His hands reached her bra, and he left it in place, dragging his fingers under it to reach for her breasts. Harper gasped against his neck as he held her nipples between his fingers, panting as he pulled on them. She moved her face to his, placing her mouth on his, and this time he was the one who hastened it to a rougher, more primal kiss. Harper's hears beat furiously, the fire in her stomach moving down to her core. She knew what they both wanted. She let him kiss her into oblivion as he played with her breasts, making her shiver and moan.

Harper stopped for a breath, about to say the move it to her room, when the front door opened. Harper's head snapped around and her eyes landed on her unwanted guest. Bryson raised himself up, looking over the back of the couch, and his eyes widened. "Shit," he said quietly.

The man in her doorway finally spoke. "Harper, what the hell is going on here?"

It was Adam.

_________________