VII. A

This was edited/written completely on my phone so I apologize for any errors that still have yet to be worked out.
* * *
Greyson sat idly in the the driver's seat as he drove past numerous shops on the street. He looked at Harper, whose eyes were trained on every one, searching for a place she wanted to enter. Finally she found one, because she pointed somewhere to his left and shouted, "There!"
He turned into a small parking garage that was next door and found a spot easily, it having been relatively empty. As they got out, he saw more cars come in, clearly having the same idea as them and going to the club Harper had pointed out. They walked together towards the club and Greyson's eyes flitted to Harper, who was a small distance ahead of him. She was stunning in her dress and heels, and he didn't understand why she was even wearing the outfit, because she had spent the entire ride there complaining about how her friend had taken her shopping and made her buy the ensemble. She seemed to exude confidence, though, as she stopped at the entrance, her head turning back to check if he was still behind her. He stepped up to her side and paid their fee, and she slapped his arm lightly in protest, but he only shook his head. The man sitting on a stool by the door motioned for them to show their ID's. He checked them briefly and asked them to bare their arms, and they did; he strapped a neon orange bracelet around both of their right wrists, indicating they were old enough to drink. He held a pile of blue bracelets in his other hand that were for minors. They entered the club and Harper's smile shrunk in size. She saw that the club was filled with people, and that it would be a struggle to even make it five feet ahead. She felt her skin crawl at the idea of being surrounded by so many people and made a bee line for the bar, muttering, "I need a drink."
Greyson followed her, wanting to keep tabs of where she was at. When he arrived at the bar behind her, she was passing a few bills to the bartender in exchange for a beer. She tipped her head back and downed it quickly. He noticed a second beer sitting beside her arm tat the bartender had set down and moved to grab it, but Harper swatted his hand away.
"That's mine too," she snapped.
Greyson raised a brow. "Really, Harp? Planning on getting shitfaced, tonight?"
"No," she defended, "I just need some liquid courage is all." Harper finished her first beer and started in on her second one, feeling it burn its way down her throat as she downed it so quickly.
"Liquid courage for what?" he asked.
She set the half empty bottle down with a clank on the bar and grinned. He could see that she was already feeling the alcohol in her system and sighed internally.
"For this!" she said, and danced away from the bar, her hips swaying to the uptempo beat of the music. Greyson watched her with a slight tilt of his lips as she managed to dance out of the way of several men who seemed interested in her. A few women seemed interested, as well, and Harper noticed. Greyson watched as she grabbed the hand of one of the more breezily dressed women and pulled her toward herself. The girls grinned as they danced, their hips moving and their hands snaking along each other's bodies. Harper turned and dipped her body low, her hands finding their way along the other girl's arms, and they laughed as she came back up and twirled. Greyson couldn't keep his eyes from them as they moved, their bodies almost ethereal in their movements. Other men seemed to have the same idea as they came forward, attempting to pull each of the girls into a dance. They politely declined and the girl, who had rich black hair, had Harper follow her back to her group of friends. They laughed and talked and Greyson relaxed, knowing she would be safe in numbers for the time being. He allowed his eyes to roam the club, wondering why Harper wanted to come here, knowing that she didn't like large numbers, but he hadn't complained. He enjoyed going out. He wasn't that close with Harper, but he had always been the kindest among all of Adam's friends to her, so he knew more about her. He was glad Adam had called him to come watch her - if he hadn't, Harper would probably be still lying on her couch with a frown on her face. He was glad he could help her get out of that funk, if only for an evening. He turned and motioned for a beer from the bartender, and when he turned back, he couldn't see Harper anymore. His eyes flitted around, searching for a bright red flame of hair, but he couldn't find one. His heart pounded in his ears and his hand clenched into a fist. He chastised himself internally but was interrupted by the clank of a beer bottle being placed in front of him, and he grabbed it, tipping his head back and downing it before moving forward to find the girl he had lost.
* * *
Harper laughed, feeling more free with these strangers than she had felt with her entire pack in years. The girls had introduced themselves with smiles and Harper felt herself easing into their group. They swayed to the music and refused to sit down, even after most of them had complained about their heels on their feet. Harper joked with the girls and felt herself open up. She didn't once regret her decision to come out tonight, since it had allowed her an excuse to get out of her house and to get some alcohol in her system. She was never a big drinker but tonight she would be; she needed to forget a few things, and she wanted to also be able to dance and be around people who didn't know who - or what - she was.
A pair of hands circled her waist and she stiffened, preparing to tell the stranger to back off. She turned and saw Bryson, a lazy grin on his face, and whatever words were on her lips stopped. The girls around her noticed the look on her face and, assuming they knew each other and would be fine, moved away, giving them space. Bryson twisted her so her back was leaning against his chest and moved his hips, leisurely dancing without following any certain beat. Harper, under some kind of influence, not sure if it was the alcohol or something else, let herself go, moving against him and swaying her hips sexily against his. She felt him push against her, his body all hard edges, and felt his hips rub against her back side, almost in a promise of what could come.
Harper raised her arms and teacher behind her, her hands linking together behind his neck and securing him against her as they ground together. The song changed and Harper turned around, pressing herself against him while her eyes connected with his. Her mouth felt thick and she breathed out a sigh as he moved against her. His hands tightened against her waist and she felt him release her suddenly, but she didn't have to wonder for long where his hands went, because she felt them tangle in her hair as he pulled her face to his.
Their lips connected gently at first, but she felt him groan against her, and he seemed intent on marking her as his. One of his hands traveled down and reached her butt, grasping it and securing her hips against his. She felt a part of him rise up against her and she groaned. They kissed fiercely as he held her to him, and she felt her wolf howl out in joy.
She broke the kiss, feeding air to her deprived lungs, and looked up at him, suddenly nervous. He had been confusing her so much lately; one second he seemed like he cared about her, another he just brushed her off as if she were no one. She didn't know what to think.
Bryson pulled her along suddenly, her hand in his as he made his way towards an area she was unfamiliar with. The hallway was dimly lit, and there were less people around. He stepped into a doorway and Harper followed. He closed and locked the door behind him. Harper looked around her and suddenly felt a laugh bubble out of her mouth - he had taken her to the men's bathroom; she was inside a men's bathroom right now. Bryson looked at her oddly, his eyes asking the question he didn't voice, and Harper answered.
"You brought me to a men's restroom to make out," she giggled, "I've never been inside a men's restroom before and I'm here to make out, it's just funny."
Bryson rolled his eyes and moved toward her, backing her up against the wall and grabbing her thighs. He easily lifted her up and her legs a loses around his waist on instinct. He looked into her eyes.
"Harper, I really don't give a fuck where we are right now as long as I get to do this," he said, and closed the distance between them, his mouth against hers. His lips were soft but he was passionate and rough against her, but she didn't dislike it; in fact, it turned her on to be handled by him, in any way he wanted.
A thought occurred to her then and she pulled back again, laughing, "You really don't care where we are? What if we were in the middle of the dance floor?" She thought back to his kiss out in public; it seemed more gentle, reserved, and it was completely different from how he kissed her now.
He growled and she felt it in places that made her shiver. "I'd fuck you out in the middle of the dance floor if I had no other options, yes," he replied.
Harper's eyes widened, but before she could reply his mouth descended on hers again. His kiss was all wolf, and he opened her mouth under his, his tongue finding hers easily and making the kiss all that more sexy. She tasted the alcohol in both of their mouths and somehow found it enticing, the knowledge that they were here together and mixing whatever alcohol they had consumed by their mouths.
A voice warned her in the back of her head that she didn't want to do this but she tried shutting it out, instead choosing to tighten her thighs around Bryson's waist and grind her warmth against him, causing him to moan into her mouth.
Their kisses felt like a clash of wills, and Harper let go of all her other thoughts as she savored the moment. His lips left hers and trailed their way down her face and over her neck. He stopped to bite down gently on her pulse, and she moaned. His tongue flicked out and licked her shoulder and he bit down again in another spot. Harper was sure she would have visible hickeys in the morning but she was too far gone to care. She felt Bryson's fingers reach around the edge of her dress and lift it up, his hands traveling farther up her thighs.
A loud knock on the door had them breaking apart, panting. Bryson leaned his forehead against hers and laughed.
"Guess we got caught, huh?"
Harper laughed quietly in response and watched him as his breath mixed with hers. The knock sounded again, and Bryson rolled his eyes and stepped away from her, making her drop her legs to the floor so she could stand on her own. He moved toward the door and opened it a crack; he cursed, and Harper stepped forward, trying to see who it was. She pictured a random guy trying to get in to relieve himself.
Her mouth opened in surprise when she saw that it was Greyson. His eyes were narrowed, his arms crossed, and he didn't look at all happy as he took in their disheveled appearances.