XVI. N

Another update! Woo! This story has over 12,000 reads, which is super crazy awesome-tastic, and I love all of you guys and appreciate it that you read this story. I mean, ahhhh! TWELVE THOUSAND READS! Okay, Chelsea, calm down, give these people what they want. Onto another chapter!

P.S once you get into the chapter a little bit, listen to the video on the side. It's 45 by Shinedown, I personally love the band, and thought the song kind of went with this chapter in a way. 

_______________________________

Harper stirred slightly, groaning. She tried to sit up, but felt her muscles still lingering in the throes of sleep. She cracked open her bleary eyes, her pupils reacting to the dim light, and looked around. She felt the tell tale sign of her arms getting blood rushed into them and pushed herself onto her hands and knees, peering around her. She was in a dank, dark room, and it seemed pretty large. Its walls were made of wood that smelled of moss and rot, and the room was dominated by a queen sized bed, which looked slept in, and a single wooden chair in the corner. As Harper's eyes adjusted - and her heart rate sped up - she realized that there was a dark figure sitting in said chair. The figure was slumped over, as if he or she was asleep, and Harper quickly backed up, until her backside hit the wall behind her, and she sat up to slide against it, her body tense.

She struggled to remember what had happened. She remembered talking to Adam, and telling him to leave, but then someone had come back. Was it Adam? No.. Harper's eyes widened. "Jason," she murmured, her voice cracking. It all came back in a rush; Jason had kidnapped her. He had knocked her out with some chemical, and had taken her from her own house. Harper eyed the figure in the chair, and as her eyes adjusted, she realized that the person was too small to be Jason. It was someone - or something - else. Harper's hands clenched into fists, and she growled lowly in her throat at the idea that Jason would take someone else.

A sound at the door made Harper shrink back into the shadows,and she held her breath as the door creaked open.

"Jason," she muttered, her green eyes trained on him as he strode into the room like he owned the world. His smile lit up his face, and Harper thought distantly that if he wasn't so dirty on the inside, that he may have been cute. Or maybe if he had tried his luck romantically, instead of having sex with her and then kidnapping her... she might have gone on a date with him. But if this was some sick, twisted idea of a date, then she was not interested.

"Harper," he said, "how are you liking your room? I had it made just for you." He gestured around the room, and Harper snorted.

"Jason, all there is here is a bed. I'm sure you spent oh so much time on that, huh?"

Jason's smile thinned. "I never liked your sarcastic little mouth. Unless it was quiet and opened wide for me," he chuckled, and Harper wanted to kick him where the sun didn't shine. She wanted to tear at his throat. She wanted to rip out all his teeth so he couldn't smile. The murderous thoughts would have surprised her, had she not realized that her wolf put the ideas in her head. Her wolf was a proud creature, and didn't like feeling inferior to anyone. In her past, when Harper had been the obedient little fertile, her wolf had taken everything belly up, in stride, and had thought that the pack was thankful to her. Harper's wolf had this ridiculous notion that she was the key to the pack thriving, along with other fertiles. Harper never fully agreed, but back then, she had had no choice. But now that she had a mate, she didn't think the old rules still applied. Her thoughts were brought back to the present as Jason strode towards her, his steps careful and sure.

"Harper, Harper, Harper, what am I going to do with you? You owe me something special."

"And what would that be?" Harper asked cautiously, her mind racing to stall him from doing whatever he wanted to do.