XII. N

It's been forever since I've uploaded a chapter, and I apologize. I was busy with school, and then getting a job, and E3, and well, writing went on the back burner. But I'm happy to say that I am back!    I have this chapter, along with some parts written for other stories (including a new one I might put online), so hopefully those will all get up in the next week or so. Well, here's the next chapter!

__________________________________________

Harper walked into the front room with her arms crossed, her eyebrows raised. "Want to explain why you just kicked my mate out of my house?" 

"Well, you're my little sister, so I'm allowed to look after you. Plus, he needs to figure out what he's going to do. He's going to be the alpha, and he needs his mate by his side, but do you realize the gossip and the craziness this will cause? A she-wolf who is born to reproduce and has already slept with some of the pack is the mate to the alpha? And they can't respect her because she's not pure for her mate? And what will happen to Bryson? Just think about it, Harper. You need to slow down and consider-"

"Consider whatAdam? Other options? Not accepting him? Do you want me to reject him and continue to be a pregnant bitch for the rest of my life? Spread my legs for every man in the pack? Because that's not going to happen."

Adam groaned and rolled his eyes. "I'm not stupid Harp, I know that. I see the way you look at him already, and I think the fact that you aren't pregnant form that ass Jason has something to do with Bryson being your mate. I don't know what's going on, and I don't want you to reject him. All I'm saying is that you need to think before you act. You can't just up and be his Luna all of a sudden. We need to figure out what's happening and what would be best for the pack." He tried calming his sister down, but she only grew more agitated. Her shoulders were shaking in her anger.

"And what, Adam, do you think is best for the pack? I don't give a crap if the pack likes me or not, but according to fate, this is what I was meant to do. I know I'll probably screw it up, but you know what, I'm willing to try. So don't give me that bullshit about the pack coming before your own sister. The pack needs to shove it, if they don't approve of me and Bryson." Harper took a deep breath and sighed, feeling some of her pent up anger go away. She sat down on the couch and covered her face with her hands. She groaned. 

Adam sat down next to her and gingerly put his arm around her, pulling her gently to his side. "Harp," he said softly, "I'm not putting the pack above you. You have to know that that is the last thing I want to do. I want you to be alpha female, I want you to be happy, and I want you to have a normal life. I'm trying to look out for you, but you're making it hard by being so dang grown up. I wish you'd just stop being so head strong and let me help you make a decision for once. I want to be your big brother, not your enemy."

Harper sighed and leaned into her brother's touch, resting her head on his shoulder. "I know, Adam. I'm sorry for being so emotional, I don't know what's wrong with me."

Adam chuckled. "You're a girl. It's in your nature." 

Harper smiled faintly. "Hey, don't be mean." She turned to look at her older brother. "Thank you. For being there for me." 

Adam grinned. "Any time, little sis. Now I think we should make some food, I'm starving!"

They both got up and headed into the kitchen, laughing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come on, dad, pick up," Bryson grunted into the phone, catching the answering machine for the fifth time. He knew his dad was out on pack business, but he should have kept his phone on. "He could at least have the decency to answer his own son's phone calls," he grumbled, irritated. He dialed the number again and held the phone to his ear. The phone went straight to voice mail again. Bryson slammed the phone onto the desk, defeated. He put his head in his hand and groaned, confused. He went to go pick the phone up again to dial another number when the door to his office opened.