The Story of How James Potter asked Lily Evans out

It was an ordinary night in the Gryffindor Common Room. The 1st years were sitting by the fire practising for Charms. The 2nd years were arguing about Quidditch teams and the 3rd years were animatedly discussing their new subjects. The 4th years were listening to the wireless and the 5th years were yelling at everyone to shut up because they are revising. The 6th years were also discussing the chances Gryffindor would have at winning the Quidditch Cup. Most of the 7th years were revising for N.E.W.T's but three of them weren't. James Potter, Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew were - very loudly- playing Exploding Snap.
"And I win again, what did I expect - you're both rubbish anyway!" Sirius grinned, "Prongs is too busy mooning over Evans to play properly!" Peter laughed at that. James scowled "Shut up, Padfoot! I'm playing it cool. This years the year - I just know it!" Sirius howled with laughter at that. As he wiped the tears from his eyes, a scowling boy stole his cards off him. "Oh come on, Moony!" He whined in protest. "We're revising. Some of us can't get straight O's at the drop of a hat. You should join us." Remus told them. Sirius scowled for a brief moment and then an idea struck him "Tell you what, Moony. If Evans is dating Prongs here by the end of the night. We get our cards back, if not we'll come over and revise!" Remus smirked. "Deal. That will be an easy one to win." James widened his eyes anxiously at Sirius, begging for an explanation. Sirius smiled mysteriously. He wandered over to join his fellow 7th years to the aghast stares of the other Gryffindors. Plonking himself down by Lily, he proceeded to wrap his arm around her. Remus snorted at this and James looked on angry. Peter was simply confused. He waggled his eyebrows suggestively and grinned at her. Lily edged away slightly and raised an eyebrow at Marlene. Her friend shrugged, baffled by Sirius. James was spluttering heated comments about loyalty and disgrace being carried by families. Sirius chose now to reveal his ace. He stood up and, surrounded be shocked faces from all the years, said "Alright, Evans? Wanna go out with me?" James flushed bright red, Peter's eyes widened to the size of a Quaffle and Remus scrunched up his face in confusion. Lily spoke before she had time to think. "I'd rather date Potter!" She spat. James jumped up, straightened his tie, grinned a bright, sunny grin, pushed his hair back, nibbled his thumb and then Said""OK, then. When should our first date be?" For a moment Lily was frozen in confusion, then she blushed beetroot and mumbled at her shoes. "Saturday? It's a date!" James looked incredibly pleased with himself. Sirius turned to Remus and said "You know, if you wanted, you could play with us." as he took his cards back. The Common Room returned to normal.