05

The seven decided to head to a local bubble tea shop, Mingyu trying to hold back his laughter once he caught sight of the small pink haired boy behind the register; Wonwoo glaring at Mingyu.

"I swear, sometimes I think they're dating." Soonyoung mutters as he leans towards Seokmin, Seokmin nodding in agreement. Jisoo and Hansol were the first to line up and order, Mingyu and Wonwoo following shortly before Minghao, Soonyoung, and Seokmin.

"That'll be $21.89." Seokmin hands the boy the credit card, the boy's eyes adverting to the touchscreen in front of him. The boy swipes the card prior to pressing buttons on the touchscreen, the boy handing Seokmin the card and receipt.

"Thank you -" Seokmin squints as he tries to read the boy's name tag, the boy taking the initiative to speak up.

"Jihoon." He nods towards Seokmin before leaving the register and heading towards the back to make the bubble tea, Seokmin heading back to the table. They all begin to talk about their day, Seokmin deciding it was for the best not to bring up what happened to Mingyu although it killed him when he wanted to know more. Shortly after Jihoon brought out all the bubble teas, Soonyoung inviting Jihoon to join. "I really shouldn't, my manager -"

"Lee Woozi, come and help me with the label machine. I don't think it's working properly." A boy with longer hair stuck his head out from the 'employees only' door, Jihoon sighing before walking towards his manager.

"Coming Jeonghan," He turns around and waves back at Seokmin's group, the seven waving back. "Maybe another time."

Laughter erupts around them as they say their goodbyes while crowding the sidewalk, Jisoo insisting on having his parents pick them all up.

"We'll be fine," Mingyu says. "We can make it back just fine."

"We'll see you guys tomorrow." Wonwoo adds as Mingyu and Seokmin head in the opposite direction, Soonyoung and Minghao opted for Jisoo's parents to pick them up along with Hansol. Hues of red and orange paint across the sky as the three walk out of town and in the direction of home, Seokmin deciding now was the time to bring it up.

"Do you think Seungcheol confessed to Inhyung?" Seokmin's eyes advert from Mingyu and Wonwoo, he couldn't bare facing the reality of it.

"I doubt he did," Wonwoo responded before Mingyu was able to speak, Wonwoo already knew Mingyu was going to say some stupid answer that would've just ended as a poor executed joke. That was one of the best qualities of having Wonwoo as a friend, he was Mingyu's filter and interrupter. He knew how to fix any situation when Mingyu said the wrong thing, but then again you couldn't blame Mingyu he was socially awkward; Wonwoo as well. "Not only was he upset that Mingyu took his 'confession gifts' but she also rejected it, so maybe he was mad that it wasn't a good time to confess. He shouldn't be mad, he should be glad actually. If he would've confessed to her right then and there when she was like that then it might've not ended well." Seokmin nodded along, Wonwoo's point valid. "You should still be in the clear." Mingyu gives Seokmin a 'thumbs up', Seokmin chuckling at his antics. By the time they had finished their conversation they had already stopped in front of Mingyu and Wonwoo's apartment complex, turns out they're neighbors.

"We'll see you tomorrow, hyung." Mingyu waves at Seokmin as he continues to walk down the sidewalk in the direction of his home.

Seokmin throws his backpack in the direction of his bed, Seokmin overestimating his throwing abilities which resulted in the bag landing at the foot of his nightstand; the lamp starting to rock back and forth. Quickly, he rushes over towards the lamp and prevents it from falling, his mother's voice trailing up the stairs.

"Everything alright, Seokmin?"

"Yes, eomma Yang." Small laughs leave his mother's lips as she stands in the threshold, her eyes watching Seokmin who's expression mirrors a dear caught in the headlights.

"I've told you countless times there is no need to call me 'Eomma Yang'."

"I know, but it sounds better, 'eomma' is just too bland. It's best to change it up every now and then, right?" She walks into his room and pulls him in for a hug, Seokmin pressing his lips again her hair; growing up he had always been taller than his mother.

"What would I do without you?"

++

A/N: bubble tea!woozi is the cutest, pass it on.