twenty føur » parents

*Two months later

*Two months later

Luke and I had been going strong for over two months now. We still hadn't confessed whether we loved each other or not, even though I knew that I was indeed in love with him. I was scared that he didn't feel the same way just quite yet.

At the moment, we were sitting on my couch cuddling and watching TV. My headed rested against his chest, and his arm was wrapped protectively around me. An empty container of cookie dough ice cream sat on the coffee table along with the two silver spoons which we had used to devour it.

I could hear his breathy laughs anytime something somewhat funny happened, and it only made me fall even more in love with him. I was debating on whether or not to tell him when the front door swung open and Michael came in, plopping himself in the leather recliner. He looked exhausted, but I didn't blame him. He had been at another court date still trying to get McKenzie.

Pausing the TV, I looked over to him and asked how the hearing went. He smiled.

"I've almost got her. I have to go back tomorrow for the final decision, but I feel really good about it."

"That's good," I smiled back, happy that my niece might finally be coming to live with us.

"Yeah, but anyways, where's mom and dad?"

I shrugged indifferently. "They went out to dinner with Luke's parents. They probably won't be back until later."

"Explains why you're here then," Michael acknowledged Luke. Neither of our parents knew about us yet. We wanted to wait until after graduation to tell them, which was only about a month away now.

Nobody had anything else to say, so I pressed play on the remote and started the movie back up.

An hour later, the movie ended, and the three of us were bickering about what to watch next. It had actually gotten to the point where Michael and Luke decided to arm wrestle for who should pick. They had cleared off the table and were both kneeling on opposite sides while their elbows rested in the center and their right hands were locked. I just shook my head at their childish behavior, but I wasn't going to stop them. It was amusing for me to watch.