nineteen » brøther vs bøyfriend vs best friend

"Please don't do anything stupid," I pleaded to my twin

"I can't promise anything," Michael said while turning the car off.

I wanted to try and stall for a few minutes to buy myself some more time to mentally prepare myself, but I knew that if I didn't get out of the car quickly, Michael would beat me to the door.

I hesitantly knocked on the large wooden door on the front of Luke's house. Luke greeted our trio almost immediately after my arm had returned to my side. It was obvious that he was just as nervous as me from the way he was chewing on his bottom lip.

Luke led us into the living room where we all sat on various pieces of furniture. Luke was sat in the dark leather recliner while Ashton and I sat on the matching leather couch. Michael stood even though there was plenty of room on the couch for him to sit. I think him standing was supposed be a sort of intimidation factor. He was to look down on Luke for once.

I picked at the skin around my nails, a habit I had when I was either bored or nervous. This time it was obviously the latter reason.

Luke was the first speak when he asked if anyone wanted anything to drink. The boys politely declined, but I just shook my head. I couldn't get my mouth to form the words.

After a few more moments of uncomfortable silence, Michael started his speech. He stopped pacing the floor and paused a short distance from my boyfriend.

"So Mr. Hemmings," he started. "I hear you've taken an interest in my little sister. Do you see any problems or concerns that someone may have with that?" Michael's tone was completely serious, and if I was Luke, I'd probably be scared shitless of the boy.

"Well, y-yeah," Luke stuttered, nervously bouncing his knee.

"And what might those concerns be, Mr. Hemmings?"

"A-age and she's my s-student."

"Exactly!" Michael loudly exclaimed. "Do these things not bother you at all? Are you some sort of disgusting pervert who enjoys looking at younger girls in a sexual manner?" Michael's arms were crossed as he stood in front of Luke, looking down on him.

"N-no! Of course not!"

"Then why are you with her?"

"Because I really like her." His eyes glanced at me and seemed to brighten just a tad before he looked back to Michael. "I don't know how else to explain it other than she just makes me so happy."

"So you're not just lusting after her? Your intentions with her are not purely for sexual reasons?"

"No! I admit that I was attracted to her physically at first, but then I got to know her and became attracted to her personality." He smiled while stealing another glance my way.

Even though I was still nervous, I couldn't help but to smile at his statement.

Michael turned to face me now and raising his eyebrows, he asked, "And do you really like him?"

I nodded my head. "Yes, I've never felt happier with anyone else before."

There was a long pause as Michael looked like he was contemplating something. He appeared to be having an internal battle with himself.

After a while, Michael looked at Ashton and said, "Ashton, follow me."

The two exited the room, leaving me and Luke by ourselves.

I sighed. "I'm really sorry, Luke. I didn't mean for them to find out. They just—"

Luke cut me off, "It's okay. Don't worry about it, babe." He stood up from his chair and walked over to me, kneeling in front of me. He pushed a piece of hair behind my ear and cupped my face. "We're gonna be okay. I'm not letting you go that easy. You know that, right?" He smiled, and it made me feel just a little better. I was still nervous, but I knew that Luke really cared for me.

I nodded my head again, and Luke kissed my forehead. "Good."

Before Luke had the chance to kiss me on the lips, Mike and Ash walked back into the room, and Ash cleared his throat. "So as your best friend, I have helped your brother to make this decision— this very important decision. It is what we feel is best for you. That decision is," Ashton trailed off and Michael continued.

"That decision is, I'll allow it." The smallest hint of a smile appeared on Michael's lips, and my eyes widened.

"Really!? Thank you! I love you!" I stood up and ran over to my twin and engulfed him in a huge hug. Even though Michael was only my brother, I was closer to him than any other person, so it meant a lot to me have his approval.

"I love you, too," Michael laughed as he released me from the hug before turning back to Luke. "If you hurt her, I will cut your balls off."

"I could never dream of doing that," Luke said as he stepped closer to me and wrapped an arm around my waist.

Before Michael had the chance to reply, Ashton yelled out, "Group hug!" and forced us into a very large embrace.