eight » finishing

The weekend passed without anymore excitement

The weekend passed without anymore excitement. I had been giving Michael the silent treatment which was clearly pissing him off, but I couldn't care less. I just minded my own business, and everything seemed to be running smoothly in my head. That is, except for the little nagging voice in my head that was reprimanding me for kissing Mr. Hemmings. But I just ignored it like everything else.

On Monday morning I couldn't concentrate in Mr. Hemmings' class. I was too distracted thinking about the way his perfectly shaped pink lips felt against mine. And how that damn lip ring felt brushing against my neck. I couldn't shake the sounds of his soft moans out of my head; I just wanted to hear them again and again. And then there was his playful nature. I wished I could spend every morning like that. 

But it was wrong. So wrong to feel these things for my teacher. 

I was pulled away from my thoughts when the bell rang. I slowly packed away my books waiting for the room to be empty. As soon as the last student left the room, I approached Mr. Hemmings' desk.

"Mr. Hemmings?" I questioned, forcing him to look up at me. 

"Miss Clifford," he smiled. "What's up?" 

I checked my surroundings to be sure that we were alone— we were— before proceeding. "I wanted to talk about what happened this weekend."

The smile instantly faded from his face. "It shouldn't have happened, I know." 

"It was wrong," I admitted, "but I don't want it to stop."

"Is it wrong of me to say the same?" He asked rhetorically. "You're a beautiful girl, Blakelynn, but this is dangerous. Don't get me wrong— I love kissing you, and you are quite talented with your mouth," he winked, "but I don't want you to regret anything. You could easily have any guy your age safely."

"Oh," my face fell. He was denying me. He didn't want me.

"Hey," he grabbed my chin and forced me to look him in the eye, "I wasn't done yet." He smiled kindly. "If it's me you want, however, I'd be honored."

"Really?" My eyes lit up. "You're not afraid of getting caught?"

"Nope. I know we only met a week ago, but there's something about you, and I'd like to get to know you better."