twenty » l-døg

Ashton released the three of us from the group hug after a few awkward moments, mostly for Luke, before saying, "You know this means you're our best friend now, Mr

Ashton released the three of us from the group hug after a few awkward moments, mostly for Luke, before saying, "You know this means you're our best friend now, Mr. Hemmings. Can I call you Luke? Is that okay?" Ashton asked.

Luke laughed with his arm still wrapped around my waist, "I don't care what you call me outside of school, but I'm still Mr. Hemmings at school."

"Alright, L-dog," Ashton giggled. "You got it."

Luke groaned, regretting his previous statement. "How about we just stick with calling me Luke, yeah?"

"Fine," Ashton sighed, slightly disappointed that Luke wasn't a fan of the nickname, before turning to me. "Are we telling Lindsey about you two?"

I sighed. "I don't know. She'll be pissed off if we don't, but she's also pissed at Luke right now too and can have a big mouth at times."

"Wait, why is she pissed at me?" Luke asked, interrupting my thinking.

"Because you gave her a detention."

"Oh."

"How about we don't tell her, but we don't hide it from her either," Ashton suggested.

Michael smacked him on the side of the head. "That'll make her more pissed off, dumbass. I say just tell her. It'll make all of our lives a hell of a lot simpler. And you know she won't say anything about this to anyone. This is too important."

"We'll tell her on Monday then. Meet in Luke's classroom during lunch. I'll take her there." I finished establishing the plan with the boys before parting ways with Luke to spend the rest of the weekend with two of my three best friends.

»»»

Monday arrived sooner than I had anticipated. Lindsey had caught onto my anxious mood, but I tried to play it off as if nothing was happening. Luckily, she decided not to push the matter and carried on like it was any regular day. Michael and Ashton seemed to be acting relatively normal, but then again, it wasn't them in the situation. Luke also appeared to be just fine, but I could tell he was slightly nervous because he refused to look in Lindsey's direction.